Need help making a casual Team into a competitive Team.

ChipsAhoy

Full Squid
NNID
Mr.ChipsAhoy
Hey squids and kids! Hope you having a great day so far!

I need help. My team, Lock N Splat, has been a casual team for a few months. We now want to be competitive, but we struggle working together? We do great by ourselves and also a lot of times as a twin squad, but when we try to do a quad squad, we all fall apart. We have started calling out where the enemies are, but don't have a very good system yet. We always make voice chat a must, but still have trouble. Are there things we are missing? Are there strategies that can help?

Thank you so much!!!

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Hello, co-founder and leader of CloudNine. We started being a casual/competitive squad in January but after kicking inactives we've decided to become a competitive team last week. One thing I can recommend is scheduled practices for your team. When I mean by practice, I mean going in a private just with your team and going around stages practicing/establishing strategies and routes for any stages/modes all of you have trouble with. Another thing I can recommend is scrimmaging as often and as much as possible. Scrimmaging allows you to play as a team against other competitive squads without the unfair tri's and trollers of a quad session. The most important thing is to keep a happy environment during team play :) People yelling/getting salty ruins team communication and makes everyone playing lose focus/determination. On the subject of that, makes sure everyone is always focused during a match. 3 of our 4 members during a scrim lost a match against an easy team because we kept joking around constantly not focused on the game. That's all I have to say, hope this helps and good luck!

ChipsAhoy

Full Squid
NNID
Mr.ChipsAhoy
Sorry for the late reply. WOW! Thank you so much!!! Hope your team is doing well! Would you like to do a scrimmage some time together? ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom