Need help on how to rank up

Duck

Full Squid
im in b/b- with all these people that don't know anything and just go running around shooting whatever.I need some tips/advise on how to rank up outta this mess and wich gun is better .52 gal or the .96 gal deco? I like to hunt people down but play the obj when the other team has people down.

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
The weapons depend on your playstyle. If like to hunt people down as you say, then use the .96 Gal Deco, but beware when using the Splash Wall as if heard: it's been nerfed. I recommend using some ammount of Ink Saver Sub in your gear's sub abilities, as well as Ink Saver Main because this weapon's set consumes a lot of ink. One Special Charge Up should be enough to have your Kraken ready at all times.
Also try to use Kraken as a emergency manover or to keep control over the opponents.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I would also try different times to see which times feel more comfortable to play as I find that some times are easier to rank up than others. In my case I found mornings est easier.

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
I wouldn't mind. Send me your NNID and I could teach you a couple of things with .96 Gal Deco or other weapons if you want.

Jet Squelching

Inkling
NNID
MewsVengence
If you don't like being paired with random people, which most don't, try going in the Squid locator section to find people around your skill level.

As for game play, here are some top tips that improved my ability ten-fold -
- Watch your game play, it helps show what you did wrong and right. (If you don't have a capture card, I use my phone!)
- In 1v1 gunfights, try moving side to side by quickly swimming to the side then popping up to get your opponents aim off.
- Don't always blame your teammates! Be aware you can make mistakes just like them.
- Practicing at the test range by shooting the dummy's over and over from weird angles and shots can improve your aim by a lot.
- Don't main weapons (It's cool to be most comfortable with a specific type of gun, for example sloshers, by try to diversify your weapon choices). The other reason is so that if you're not doing well with a particular weapon, you can switch to another just as easy and pick your game up again.

I hope this helped, honestly these tips got me from C+ to A+. Splat on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom