• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Need Help with Official Nintendo LAN Adapter

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Before I contact Nintendo, I thought I'd see if anyone here has some advice. I just bought a brand new LAN adapter and hooked it up to my Switch. It seems that the Switch doesn't recognize that I plugged in the adapter. Any advice?

Note to mods, if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move this thread; I couldn't find a troubleshooting thread/category.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Quick update: I decided to plug the adapter into my computer and got the following message "Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, your device may not be working properly." To me this suggests that the adapter is faulty; I am guessing this means I should get a replacement ASAP. Anyone else care to weigh in on this topic?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Yeah, there's nothing special about the official Hori adapter. A cheap USB one for PC works just fine, and conversely, the Hori one should work on your PC. If it doesn't, it's almost certainly defective.

I have this one myself, works like a charm and gets, in theory, gigabit speeds (which you really don't need). You can get 100 Mb ones for a few bucks less.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Just agreeing with @MindWanderer: It does sound like the adapter may be faulty, otherwise it should've worked on your computer or anything else as well. And there is indeed nothing special about the official adapter so just about any generic adapter can be used while costing under $15USD.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm looking into getting a new/replacement for this one (as soon as I can afford one). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom