Nerf Weapons Thread

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
TBH I don't think blasters should be capable of one shotting people. Should take at least 3 hits even without defense up. It's really unfair for sprays

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
I've been on Ranked, and yeah, Blaster and Blaster Custom are terrifying there. But I've never seen anyone using either Rapid Blaster, and when I've tried it out, I've seen nothing but an inferior weapon with no obvious use (it doesn't fire much faster and it can't one-shot like the normal Blasters, and the Bubbler, while on the Rapid Blaster, is also on the Custom Blaster (now there's something scary), so I don't see how the Rapids are meant to be better). But you could be right; after all, I've never seen any Rapid Blasters online, so my opinion on it is purely based on personal use.
And I've never touched the Rapid Blaster Deco, so I'm talking purely from conjecture on this one, but it has a Suction Bomb Rush, which is unique (think it's the only weapon with the Suction Bomb/Bomb Rush combo), but doesn't seem that great either (I'm probably missing a use here though).
Its funny you mention the Suction Bomb Rush, I've gone up against people running the RBD set and it can be incredibly effecting on the right map. I've seen it used successfully on Harbor and Rig, Harbor especially due to the small zones and both sitting against walls. I could also see it being effective for Mall given you are controlling either of the East/West choke points above the zone. Granted there are better loadouts for all the above maps, a lot of the commonly used ones, but I feel like the RBD could be a sleeper on certain rotations.

(side note: I just realized I've played at least 5 hours of ranked and have yet to get Skatepark, even when it was on the rotation... weird)

David Hendry

Inkling
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
So far, I just think rollers could be a tad slower.

But it would have to be very slight, everything about the roller would be hugely affected by changing their speed.

Duralumin

Inkling
NNID
Lumadurin
Only nerf I could see is a small range reduction for the Aerospray. Outside of that, the weapon balance seems to be pretty good, and the Squid mechanic allows disadvantages to be circumvented with smart positioning.

TBH I don't think blasters should be capable of one shotting people. Should take at least 3 hits even without defense up. It's really unfair for sprays
If a Blaster user misses a single shot in a head on confrontation, they lose. This is because of the ultra low firing rate meaning every shot must count. If they did anything less than an OHKO then the fire rate would need to be upped, and then you're just homogenizing weaponry which is boring.
Not to mention they have a short range, and are far worse at claiming turf.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I think the opposite. I'd rather have the Bubbler stay as it is, and make the Kraken have 500 HP. Mostly because of the Kraken Roller, that has minimal downsides (compared to other Rollers), because of the ability to just flowchart like: can i kill sqweed from where i'm standing?>no>kraken.
If you don't have the kraken, though, you have nothing else to fall back on except to retreat if you get outmatched. Normal roller can at least throw splat
bombs if it can't close in. You can't rely on specials to get you out of a jam every single time. Heck, if you're taking on the roller from a comfortable
distance it's not hard to escape the kraken if they activate it reflexively to avoid death so it's definitely not an auto-win button.

I honestly feel like krak-on is very popular not just because of the special, even if it is very good at turning situations around (custom jet squelcher
has it too), but rather because it is currently the only weapon that allows you to place squid beacons for your team to jump to.

So far, I just think rollers could be a tad slower.

But it would have to be very slight, everything about the roller would be hugely affected by changing their speed.
See: Dynamo Rollers.

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
In ranked matches aerospray is pretty much inferior to everything long ranged snipers,splattershot pros and jet squelchers and it and it has a bad set compared to splattershot jr(bubbler set which helps team-play).Quite frankly it is pretty rare to see a areospray user in B-A+ matches.

I do believe that kraken should be nerfed it has so many offensive capabilities on top of being invincible and is usually abused by laggers to the point that even though you dodge it still hits you(happens with snipers too).

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Bubbler has a nice balance to it, whereas absorbed damage recoils the user. Can't tell you how many times Inkstrike has shoved me off the precipice and into the water in Arowana Mall. God damn you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom