Nerfs/Buffs?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
You know what? I'm just gonna say it.

The Aerosprays did not deserve the absolute brutalizing they received on the 1.4.0 patch. On the Aerospray RG, all they needed to do was make the Baller charge up to 230p instead of damn 170p. BAM. That's...that's all that needed to happen, man. Instead, they absolutely murdered Aerospray by making it complete garbage. I'm glad Aerospray was just a secondary for me, but they really made a mistake with nerfing this weapon.

For anyone who will argue "but they're just too good in Turf War!", just listen. They buffed N-Zap and Splash-o-Matic, now they're gonna become the kings of Turf War. Splattershot Jr, N-Zap, and Splash-O-Matic were the only ones who came close to Aerospray's sheer turfing, AND they can splat better.
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/c...edium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=splatoon
You know what, just read this. This explains why the Aerospray nerf was a horrible idea better than I ever could.

iced potato

Senior Squid
I loathe the Aerosprays in Turf War and Splatfest in Spla2n, but I never thought the problem was the weapon itself. I always thought the problem was specials being spammed way too much by too many people maining them. Why the points to fill the special gauge were made 170p, I don't know. I don't think anyone used the MG much in Splat1, but I also don't recall the RG ever being spammed too much, except maybe by newbies.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I loathe the Aerosprays in Turf War and Splatfest in Spla2n, but I never thought the problem was the weapon itself. I always thought the problem was specials being spammed way too much by too many people maining them. Why the points to fill the special gauge were made 170p, I don't know. I don't think anyone used the MG much in Splat1, but I also don't recall the RG ever being spammed too much, except maybe by newbies.
Heh. i was THAT guy who was too much of a hipster to use the RG in splatoon 1 and always used MG.

I think Curling Bomb Launcher on the MG should've gotten bumped to 200p or so, and Baller should've gotten bumped to 230p or higher on the RG. I think that would've been a muuuuuch more appropriate change. They just...kinda murdered another iconic splatoon weapon.

I do agree the special spam is what made Aerosprays LOATHSOME in this game, and they could've just drastically increased the special costs for Aeros and it would've been good.

UnChosen

Inkster Jr.
Y
The Aerosprays did not deserve the absolute brutalizing they received on the 1.4.0 patch. On the Aerospray RG, all they needed to do was make the Baller charge up to 230p instead of damn 170p. BAM. That's...that's all that needed to happen, man. Instead, they absolutely murdered Aerospray by making it complete garbage. I'm glad Aerospray was just a secondary for me, but they really made a mistake with nerfing this weapon.

For anyone who will argue "but they're just too good in Turf War!", just listen. They buffed N-Zap and Splash-o-Matic, now they're gonna become the kings of Turf War. Splattershot Jr, N-Zap, and Splash-O-Matic were the only ones who came close to Aerospray's sheer turfing, AND they can splat better.
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/c...edium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=splatoon
You know what, just read this. This explains why the Aerospray nerf was a horrible idea better than I ever could.
The ridiculous thing is that there was already a precedent in Splatoon 1 when it comes to Aerospray complaints. Nintendo just ignored it and within half a year the weapon just died off naturally (especially in the Japanese player base) once people realize how weak the weapon is against anything with range used by players with better zoning skills.

Not to mention, in Splatoon 1 Run Speed Up has double the effect while shooting, and the stages had much more room to run around. With a full set of RSU in Splatoon 1 I can turf nearly as much with just the main weapon as I could in Splatoon 2 with main weapon + curling bomb rush. There was also a version of Aerospray with a far more powerful set than Sprinkler/Baller...and no one really cared.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
This is just reckless speculation on my part, but I kind of think they're hard nerfing the Aero to break people of it, and then they're going to buff it a little next month to actually make it fair. I have no reason to think this is their intentional or unintentional plan, but I bet it's what's going to happen anyway.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
This is just my opinion but:

Splattershot:
I understand this is supposed to be the "jack-of-all-trades" weapon, but the problem is that it barely has any weaknesses at all and it's so versatile that it can be good for ANYTHING. Damage? 3-4 hit kill. Inking? No problem. Range? Can compete with from Sploosh-o-matics to E-Liters alike. Run Speed? Fast enough to avoid shots and confirm kills. I can't really see this weapon being "just decent" no matter how much they nerf it. The range reduction, slight ink consumption, and special point requirement was a good touch, but it's still really good and is by far one of the most picked weapons in the series.

N-ZAP:
Similar reasons with the Splattershot, it has great run speed, fire rate, and a good kit to match with it. I don't agree with reducing its special gauge requirement because it's heavily picked AND it's good at inking turf. It's only real flaw is the lack of spread and damage, but that doesn't really matter since it's strengths outweigh it's weaknesses and as I said before. It has a good fire rate and kit.

Aerospray:
I think they nerfed the weapon way too much when it's design is already flawed in the first place. It has bad range and damage, and it's saving grace is it's kit, ink consumption and fire rate. All they really need to do was increase it's special point requirement because it's braindead easy to fill up the gauge with those weapons. They weren't that good at all in 1 which justified why they gave the weapons a better offensive presence in their kits.

E-Liter:
Honestly, they nerfed the weapon way too much in its transition to 2. Not only is its kit is not that good, but the range reduction really cripples the weapon. There's almost no reason to pick this weapon over the Splat Charger because it's charge time is much worse and its range isn't that much better. The main problem with it in 1 was not just because of it's range. It's kit for both weapons were too good. (And damage up that's a different story) Echolocator ensured the enemy's location unless if they ran cold-blooded which is a very niche ability, Beakons were perfect for sitting back and supporting your team in different locations and for them to get back easier while you're sniping away, Burst Bombs and Kraken were the perfect "get the hell off of me" tool. As someone who mains both weapons in the first game, its setup was way too good for a weapon that's supposed to be horrible in CQC.

Splash-o-Matic:
This weapon is basically a "poor man's N-ZAP". They have similar range, damage, and design to the N-ZAP which is basically "run and gun". Sound fair right? Nope the N-ZAP has a much better kit for the design of this type of weapon, better range than the splash and the splash had it's ink consumption increased in its transition to 2. This weapon never was picked over N-ZAPs and Splooshes so I don't see why they haven't buffed this weapon yet.

Carbon Roller:
This weapon was a monster in the right hands in 1. But I feel they made it's kill potential..... Much much weaker in 2. Its horizontal flick is much less reliable for kills and getting rid of Burst Bombs for it makes it so much harder to kill with this thing. It's kit is good but not exactly for this type of weapon. There's almost no reason to use this over the Splat Roller since it's kit fits the weapon much more and it has better range and OHKO potential.

Dynamo Roller:
Like the E-Liter, it was just nerfed too hard. It's way harder to secure kills like the Carbon Roller. It's horizontal flick isn't that rewarding and it doesn't need Stingray when its range is already so good. If it had it's old vertical flick back instead, I could see it being a reasonably nerfed weapon, but even then... It's way too slow, eats up ink fast and unreliable for it to be back in it's former glory even with a super good kit.

I use every single weapon in the game and I still have fun with all of these weapons regardless though it would be nice if these weapons were addressed more carefully.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The game right now is pretty balanced, but there are still a couple of trash bags in the mix.

Nerfs:

Splattershot:
The original Splatoon weapon. The Splattershot is so good because you can essentially do EVERYTHING with it. If I were to nerf anything, I would probably make it slightly less accurate and give it a little bit more falloff.

.52 Gal:
Similarly to the Splattershot, I believe the .52 just has too many uses. I also think that it has too much range for the fastest kill time in the game. Other weapons that kill in the same (or very similar) amount of time are restricted to the lowest ranges in the game. Carbon and Sploosh have very little range, underwhelming painting power, and less than amazing kits. .52 has a decent range, decent painting, and a Baller, which is still one of the better specials in the game.

Rapid Blaster Pro:
Right now, the Rapid Pro is a better Jet Squelcher. It has the same range, a better kit (because of inkstorm) and a giant blast radius, nullifying your need to be good at aiming (one of the main requirements for using the ranged weapons). I would nerf the explosion radius and the range, just so it can't completely control games.

Splattershot Pro:
The Pro was fine before 1.4, I'ts the 67% shot velocity buff that just pushes it over the edge.

Splashdown:
You can Splashdown with a Blaster and then follow it up with a shot in their general direction and get a ton of kills very easily. After Splashdowning, there should be .5 seconds or so where you can't shoot, so people can't get cheap kills with it.

Buffs:

Jet Squelcher:
Like stated above, the main problem with the Jet is that the Rapid Pro is better because it has the same range, does more damage, has a better kit, and has a blast radius. Another huge problem with the Jet is the shot velocity, which is the lowest out of any traditional (everything that actually shoots, so no Rollers or Sloshers) weapon in the game. This wasn't a huge problem until 1.4, where Splattershot Pro got the velocity buff when it didn't need it. The SSP now shoots at the same speed, kills much faster because of it only requiring 3 shots, as well as the velocity buff, and paints better because of the velocity and Inkstorm. Jet needed the buff, but Pro stole it away.

Tentamissles:
The Tentamissles are the worst special right now. Make it paint more and give it more damage.

Inkjet:
The Inkjet got severely over-nerfed. The minimum indirect damage was reduced from 50 to 30. Bump it up to 40-45 dmg and it'll be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom