New abilities thread

Leviathan

Inkling
NNID
vansquid
Maybe an ability that hides the snipers laser? It would have to come with some sort of debuff and be main ability only though ( like ninja squid)

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Maybe an accuracy booster, that slightly homes in? The downfall being each shot is weaker to a degree.

Or faster fire rate. But those would be pretty broken, too.

Joel

Inkling
NNID
Joel.177
I know there's stealth jump and ninja squid but is there an ability that hides you when you're on a wall? That'd be nice since hiding on walls is a thing.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Maybe an ability that hides the snipers laser? It would have to come with some sort of debuff and be main ability only though ( like ninja squid)
That would be a situational charger-only buff, though. It'd need to do something that affects all weapons for it to work with the game's system.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think a boosted range ability could be an interesting idea but only if it's capped. For example, some abilities work only in the first or last 30 seconds of battle. So I think that if a boosted range ability was added, it should have a limitation like that. It shouldn't be activated for the entire game nor when your team is losing but rather, possibly during the first or last 30 seconds of the game. It would help slightly but not too much to overwhelm. It could also be a main ability like Ninja Squid that isn't available to become a sub ability. That way people won't abuse it and hopefully Nintendo will be smart enough to not put it on an E-Liter since their range is already crazy enough as it is.

As for the sniper laser... I think that ability should only come if there is another 'sister' ability added alongside it. That ability would only serve to buff chargers and make them even more powerful than they already are. So if the game adds an ability to serve only chargers, it should add something to balance it out a bit. I'm not sure what it could be but a charger specific ability seems like it could only spell trouble unless another is added to balance it out. Besides, chargers can already hide their lasers on the right stages and if they're careful enough. Take Moray Towers for example. It's fairly easy to hide your laser on Moray while also taking aim in order to shoot an opponent.

It's also possible to hide your laser on Walleye Warehouse - just to give an example that the charger paradise stage isn't the only one it's possible on. :)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
For the range up I wouldn't be too opposed to it. As long as it only adds about 5 range and doesn't allow you to surpass 100. E Liter doesn't need more range, and nothing needs to share the range of an E Liter but be a shooter. 5 is just enough to make a difference for most weapons and being that it'd be a main ability, it'd be a tough choice over other abilities. 5 isn't pushing too far, and capping at 100 is good enough.

85 jet squelcher is pretty scary though lol.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
One ability that's always been kicking around in my head is a Bomb Blast Radius increase. It seems like a nice potential power up that isn't overpowering, and would be great on sets that are defined by the bombs they use. (Basically anything with bomb rush)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom