New character 'Murch' revealed for Splatoon 2!

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
Just as the title says, a sea Urchin that looks like Spyke is named Murch!

Revealed on SplatoonJP Twitter just a few hours ago, Murch has the ability to get rid of abilities you no longer need in exchange for coins.

Seems like you can collect these stamps and cash them in to place a new ability into your own gear!

Murch is good with his hands, and he uses those nimble digits to perform a special service he calls “gear scrubbing”. This will reset the additional abilities on a piece of gear, returning it to its original state. From what we can tell, gear abilities you’ve removed from gear will be returned to you as “ability chunks”.

Once you collect enough ability chunks you’ll be able to use them to fill an empty gear slot with a new ability. Theoretically, this means that repeating Murch’s gear scrubbing many times would allow you to mix and match additional gear abilities as you see fit! That would be incredible! It could be that this young man is even more talented than Spyke himself!

-SplatoonUS, tumblr

Well that's some exciting news for yall squiddies!!

S t a y F r e s h .

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
Murch (Mulch?) makes for an adorable character.

I was always frustrated with the RNG of the clothing, so this new feature actually makes me incredibly happy.
Yep! Instead of actually editing w/ hacks, you can try this and reset every time. Well, it's kinda frustrating to do at the least.

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
Seems like a leagues better option than that stupid RNG from the first game...
I honestly can't blame anyone who "cheated" to get the abilities they wanted: considering how relatively little effect they have, (A single ability, far as I know, will never make-or-break a match), the RNG was ridiculous.
Since they want pures because they don't wanna be noobs. I have a lot of just mixes, I have some pures, so I'm balanced.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Since they want pures because they don't wanna be noobs. I have a lot of just mixes, I have some pures, so I'm balanced.
I have a lot of pures, although honestly I really doubt they do anything. I've timed some of them, and the vast majority just feel like the Placebo Effect comes to play.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Guess Spyke retired to a life of luxury after the billions we've given him (I hope that's cannon lol) and thank goodness for that! Now I can have a clean conscience while still having access to all gameplay options!
Son, you're old enough to go forth and find your own fortune in this world. Here's a few empty shells to get you started. Now go forth and wring those silly squid-kids for all they're worth!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
It's honestly extremely satisfying to see a problem that plagued splatoon 1 get resolved. It relieves me because it was something everyone in splatoon 1 was complaining about, but it got fixed. As it shows that the devs at splatoon 2 actually care about the fans and the community. It's a sign that the splatoon team is listening to our problems, and will resolve them if needed.

Also, everyone can wear stylish gear, and actually play confidently. (Unless your favorite piece of gear doesn't have your desired main ability) It's about time. The only thing I wonder about is how are pants going to change abilities? Will they scale the abilities down to work with a possible 4 mains and 12 subs, or will pants just have abilities? I'm starting to think the latter.

CapBoyAce

Full Squid
NNID
kidclub123
So happy :D
Honestly, I support the save scummers who scum their gear, I plan on doing so myself. (I do NOT condone the rank scummers. That is just cheating)
Hopefully I can get Spla2n (still calling it that ;)) and see how this plays out.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
It's honestly extremely satisfying to see a problem that plagued splatoon 1 get resolved. It relieves me because it was something everyone in splatoon 1 was complaining about, but it got fixed. As it shows that the devs at splatoon 2 actually care about the fans and the community. It's a sign that the splatoon team is listening to our problems, and will resolve them if needed.

Also, everyone can wear stylish gear, and actually play confidently. (Unless your favorite piece of gear doesn't have your desired main ability) It's about time. The only thing I wonder about is how are pants going to change abilities? Will they scale the abilities down to work with a possible 4 mains and 12 subs, or will pants just have abilities? I'm starting to think the latter.
Pants are just a cosmetic option, much like hairstyle and eye color.

As for Murch, yes, it is about time they did something to fix the Rng issues, but there is still some amount of rng involved, since you gotta first get those ideal sub abilities first, before you can move them over to your favorite gear. But at least you can control things a bit better this time around.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I need to see how the actual system works.
Also if stacked abilities have deminishing returns.
I for one never felt the need to reroll always, just because of the RNG nature of it.
I got a couple abilities I wanted in my gear then I would reroll my other pieces till I was happy with the new abilities.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
He's kinda creepy, but definitely unique. A useful ability for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom