• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New here!

Clickbait

Inkling
NNID
yoshifan888
Hi! I thought it would be nice to join a board. I only got this game over summer so I'm a bit of a noob tbh, but I hope I can get better and maybe make friends or something. Will probably post here whenever I get the chance but I don't know if I'll settle or eventually leave this forum, hoping to stay for a long time though. In the mean time, it's great to meet everyone! :)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hello! Welcome to Squidboards.

Clickbait

Inkling
NNID
yoshifan888
Internet is dead at my house so I wasn't really able to reply (posting this at school) but thanks for the welcome!

Clickbait

Inkling
NNID
yoshifan888
@inkcan I was just looking for somewhere with people I could talk about this game with, haha. I have a friend at my school who plays Splatoon but not very often and he plays COD, etc more. Plus I think I could learn things and maybe make friends?? Don't know how well that will work out considering the next small paragraph.

At the moment I'm just testing weapons out and I don't necessarily know what I'm suited for (liking the .52 Gal Deco so far though) so right now I'm just joining regular battles with random people instead of battles with friends, if you meant that. It's kind of odd, I'm just not feeling sure enough of myself to play in different modes besides regular and ranked for some reason.
I don't know if that makes any sense or if it's just weird xD I hope I can work up the confidence to play with friends eventually though. I like the sound of it.

4poosaday

Inkster Jr.
Hi clickbait
I only joined this community a few days ago and I have to say people have been really helpful.
Don't be nervous about doing ranked battles you will soon get into them and you will improve by doing them.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Welcome to squidboards!

52. Gal is a decent weapon especially after the Tri Slosher nerf, so it's definitely not bad if you want to use it.

And also definitely play ranked. It's fun, and this game is all about having fun!

Edit: I now see that you were talking about league, not ranked.

League is seriously, intensely fun. Just the experience of doing things with your friends instead of ransoms is a good way to have fun, and league is also a great way to improve because you'll usually be facing more well-coordinated teams.

I've only ever done twin squads (waiting for the rest of my squadmates to get Switches ):) but Quad squads would probably be more fun.

If you have the option to do league, DO IT

Last edited:

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Welcome and make friends (I am lonely)

Clickbait

Inkling
NNID
yoshifan888
Welcome to squidboards!

52. Gal is a decent weapon especially after the Tri Slosher nerf, so it's definitely not bad if you want to use it.

And also definitely play ranked. It's fun, and this game is all about having fun!

Edit: I now see that you were talking about league, not ranked.

League is seriously, intensely fun. Just the experience of doing things with your friends instead of ransoms is a good way to have fun, and league is also a great way to improve because you'll usually be facing more well-coordinated teams.

I've only ever done twin squads (waiting for the rest of my squadmates to get Switches ) but Quad squads would probably be more fun.

If you have the option to do league, DO IT
Ack, I was well underprepared for this. I probably should have mentioned I only have Splatoon 1. Sorry
Having looked it up, from what I can gather League is similar to Squad? It sounds pretty great.
I mained the 52 Gal before finding I liked the sub and special of its deco better. : )

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Ack, I was well underprepared for this. I probably should have mentioned I only have Splatoon 1. Sorry
Having looked it up, from what I can gather League is similar to Squad? It sounds pretty great.
I mained the 52 Gal before finding I liked the sub and special of its deco better. : )
Oh ok.
In that case,

52. GAL IS OP AND YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON FOR USING IT

(just joking)

Yup, league is more or less the same thing as squad, except that there are leaderboards and stuff, and squad affects your rank.

Clickbait

Inkling
NNID
yoshifan888
Oh ok.
In that case,

52. GAL IS OP AND YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON FOR USING IT

(just joking)

Yup, league is more or less the same thing as squad, except that there are leaderboards and stuff, and squad affects your rank.

I shall dominate the Earth via OP weapons. All who stand in my way shall be splatted. :p

Wasn't aware of rank being a part of squad battles. That's good to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom