New Interview confirms updates to conclude next month

Ice-Fisher

Inkling
NNID
Ice-Man
I'd honestly like just once last update, even though we have more than enough now. I'm just kinda hoping at E3 2016 they announce super Mario sunshine paid DLC which includes 4new gear (Mario hat, baowser Jr bandana, Mario shirt and plumber boots) 1new stage Isle Delfino, and 2 new weapons (bowser Jr.s paint brush and flood) that would be worth a good 15-20 bucks

Silentium

Senior Squid
It seems rather odd that they'll just abruptly stop updates in January. Will there be payed DLC? Who knows?

I also wonder how the player base will fare once when the free DLC's stop coming. Hopefully it won't nosedive into oblivion. I'd like to be able to hop on and actually find people to play with.

And how long would we have to wait for the sequel? Will Splatoon 2 come out early in the NX's life cycle, or later on?

As for the sequel... I have no ideas for potential major features. It seems almost as if they've managed to nail all of the major points with Splatoon. The sequel will probably focus on improvements.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i agree it seems strange to stop updates in January especially since splatoon was such a hit and a sequel would be years away so all we'll be left with eventually is recycled splat fests(i don't see them coming up with new ones for all of 2016 if they have a sequel in mind)

Silentium

Senior Squid
I don't think that they'll recycle Splatfests. We would at least get new Splatfest ideas. If we don't, then that would be awkward.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just want more single-player stuff. I (for one) don't care if some of it's locked behind amiibos, I want to fight the Octarians once again. (Or whoever the new villains would be.)

I'd also like for said single-player stuff to delve deeper into the game's lore, even if it raises more questions than it answers.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Please keep the Mushroom Kingdom and the other IP`s out of Splatoon. I love all things Nintendo but lets keep this game unique. It can stand on its own.
Of course we need Octo`s in the next Splatoon.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It is a bit worrisome that Nintendo is planning on stopping updates for Splatoon in January. It's worrisome because it could mean that Nintendo is going to ignore the current Splatoon to work on a sequel for the NX or something along those lines. I'm hopeful that isn't the case though. I'd like to see Nintendo continuing to do Splatfests every few weeks and updating the game to make changes as needed. I'm hoping that Nintendo believes in Splatoon's popularity enough that they won't let it just die down after all this work.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
If they are stopping free updates AND not planning paid DLC, then it's safe to guess they made more than enough profit and may already brainstorming a sequel.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I'd be fine with no more updates so long as we get one more batch of clothes, and possibly one more Famitsu gear design contest outfit.
What really sucks is that if they don't put in spectator mode in january, we're kinda screwed

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
With the huge success of the game and the abrupt cutoff of new content, it can only mean one thing: a sequel is confirmed, and they're working on it for a release most likely for early in the NX's life. This game was a system seller for the Wii U, and they'll be banking on it again. Not to mention that it should be easier to produce since it's a sequel.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
With the huge success of the game and the abrupt cutoff of new content, it can only mean one thing: a sequel is confirmed, and they're working on it for a release most likely for early in the NX's life. This game was a system seller for the Wii U, and they'll be banking on it again. Not to mention that it should be easier to produce since it's a sequel.
most likely....regardless it's strange to cut off new content at this point because a sequel is years away and they gotta keep people interested in splatoon until then
if splat fests end up being recycled and there's nothing new to look forward to...the game will get boring fast

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
most likely....regardless it's strange to cut off new content at this point because a sequel is years away and they gotta keep people interested in splatoon until then
if splat fests end up being recycled and there's nothing new to look forward to...the game will get boring fast
Considering that the game we saw at the E3 announcement was a mere 10 months of work aparrently, and then how soon it was released after that, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see a release of Splatoon 2 at the start of 2017. I mean they will have probably started development of the second before we were even able to buy the first game.

You never know ;).

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
so will 2016 truly be the wii-u's final year or will they have more surprise hits like splatoon? they gotta be confident in themselves to stop support in january

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom