• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Japan Splatfest! Perfect Body vs. Perfect Intellect

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
image.jpeg

The latest Splatfest has been announced for Japan!

"Which do you want?"
A perfect body or a perfect intellect?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So, Japan's version of "Art vs. Science", where Art refers to "physical aesthetics"?

But really, I'd personally take a perfect brain over a perfect body any time. Our brains are pretty much the reason we even have things like Arts and Sciences, and a perfect body can only get you so far.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
Honestly I'd consider joining the perfect body team, since I am already in a high-level class and my body isn't that good, and I'm still an orienteener.
Though, it could go any way.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Definitly perfect brain here. There is just so much more you can do with a perfect brain. Maybe invent a time machine:p.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I voted Team Brain.

As others have mentioned it makes more sense?

Also if your mind is perfect, theoretically you'd have a perfect body by extension of that. You never wouldn't be motivated to attain your goals, or get bogged down by petty human emotions- jealousy, lack of self-esteem, suffer from depression, common things that hold people back from being their best.

Not to mention acute awareness of others intentions, ability to easily manipulate others to meet your ends.. you could get/do/make/be anything you want. It's difficult to fathom the extent of what a perfect mind can do, because human history has never seen one.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Pictures posted by Splatoon's Twitter page.

Edit: said Splatfest began, but I just thought it was already Friday/Saturday for some reason haha...

It starts Friday 7pm PST, Saturday 3am GMT, 12pm JST.

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
If I could, I would vote brains. Good physical conditioning is important, but nothing can beat strong intellect.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I love how Callie is simultaneously mad-typing, playing squid-shogi, and playing squid-go.

You can have a perfect brain for ideas to make a perfect body.
Yep. You'd be surprised just how many bodybuilders there are out there who are also intellectuals. (Arnold is one.) They're using their wisdom and knowledge to strategize how to sculpt their physique and avoid mistakes.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, not even half an hour into the Splatfest and already Perfect Intellect is proving to be too popular:

I just hope this won't carry all the way to the end.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Man, not even half an hour into the Splatfest and already Perfect Intellect is proving to be too popular:

I just hope this won't carry all the way to the end.
I had forgotten about Splatfest. (Looks like servers are down right now though...)
I don't think I've ever faced my team in a Splatfest so it looks like that may happen this time depending on the numbers.

Also for those wondering, the current maps are Walleye Warehouse, Piranha Pit and Ancho-V Games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom