"New" JP Splatfest Announced

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

...it's Maruchan Red Fox vs. Green Tanuki, round 2. Yes, they dug up one of their old (sponsored!) Splatfest themes for a rematch.

I wonder how the increased multiplier will affect things now? Last time this topic was used, Red Fox won in popularity with 67% of the vote and triumphed over Green Tanuki's victory majority of 53% because of the old p+2v formula. Now that they've increased the multiplier to x6, though, it might not be so simple unless Red Fox fans really play their hearts out to win again.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Recylced themes? I hope this means another Cat V Dog splatfest so Dogs can win once again.

Silentium

Senior Squid
Recylced themes? I hope this means another Cat V Dog splatfest so Dogs can win once again.
No... I don't want that at all... I want new themes not recycled ones. ugh...
Oh god. I was talking with another guy in another thread and he said they'd recycle Splatfest themes. It seems true. There truly will be absolutely no new content past January, will there?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I hope they won't have to resort to that too often. True, the Squid Sisters did at least acknowledge that it was the second time the theme was used (unlike Cats vs. Dogs, which ended up reusing the NA intro dialogue), but I'd still like for them to come up with some new ideas. Gotta stay fresh, after all!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Oh man, a recycled them on the same server, lol.
I am expecting the green team to win this time though.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm not too worried about repeat NA Splatfests, they seem to cover a wider variety of arguments.

I wonder if Nintendo of America is the one who decides what the Splatfests are? That's never been really stated.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't think that Western players have to be worried about recycled Splatfest themes. You have to remember that this Splatfest is being sponsored by a company. Nintendo is most likely getting paid by the sponsor to do this Splatfest. It's not like Nintendo - as a company - is going to reject a partnership with someone. This is especially true when the partnership has been successful in the past like this one. Western Splatfests are never sponsored like they are in Japan. So we really have nothing to be worried about. :)

And the Japanese players honestly don't seem to mind. ^.^

I have some Japanese friends on social media sites so I've been lurking their posts and their friends' posts. Many people seem excited about the Splatfest and the idea of a rematch - especially since the multiplier is higher now and could change the odds. So they don't mind it. :) Most of them seem to be favoring Red Fox though. :P So let's see if Green Tanuki can seal a win even if they may be less popular~ c:

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I don't think that Western players have to be worried about recycled Splatfest themes. You have to remember that this Splatfest is being sponsored by a company. Nintendo is most likely getting paid by the sponsor to do this Splatfest. It's not like Nintendo - as a company - is going to reject a partnership with someone. This is especially true when the partnership has been successful in the past like this one. Western Splatfests are never sponsored like they are in Japan. So we really have nothing to be worried about. :)
Transformers repeat?

D

Deleted Member

You can't expect new Splatfest themes forever. Sure, I'd like new themes at least until 2017, but there will come a point when the game isn't being actively supported anymore. Fortunately, I believe fresh new Splatfest themes will last longer than new weapons and stage DLC, due to being much easier to implement.

Splatfests will turn out like the bi-monthly tournaments in Mario Kart Wii. Tons of cool and creative online tournaments, but they all ended up being repeated after a few years.

It would also be awesome to think about how themes stack up over time through averages and W/L ratios. So far, Dogs vs Cats is 1-0 in North America, 0-1 in Europe, and 1-1 Worldwide. I'd like to see the result after 10 Splatfests. That would give a more accurate measurement imo

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Transformers repeat?
It's possible that we could have a repeat for the Transformers Splatfest but let's be realistic about the odds of that. I mean... Unless there is another Transformers movie being released soon, I highly doubt the company would want to waste money and time sharing copyright and such with Nintendo. This is especially true since the Transformer movies aren't exactly popular year around - they're only popular when a new movie is released and that doesn't happen terribly often. Meanwhile, something like this company is available year round so the advertising from Splatoon (which is much more popular in Japan than abroad) is worth the time and money.

My point is that we don't have anything to worry about and we shouldn't be. Splatoon fans have a tendency to blow things up in a way that we don't need to, so let's not get overly worried about recycled Splatfest themes when there's a valid reason for this one. :)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

And they now have the images for this Splatfest, which are actually different from the last time (and Christmas themed, even!).

Kinda wish they did the same for the other regions, even with the Miiverse drawings feature for NA's Splatfests.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
Now if only EU would get a sponsored splatfest!

"Hey, want to sponsor the left ear team in our videogame Splatoon?"

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard

And they now have the images for this Splatfest, which are actually different from the last time (and Christmas themed, even!).

Kinda wish they did the same for the other regions, even with the Miiverse drawings feature for NA's Splatfests.
Oh, pretty cool. Chashu ramen versus tempura ramen.

Vidoe games seem to be associated with a lot wider variety of food in Japan than in North America. What do we have? Aside from pizza, it's pretty much just Pepsi-Cola and its subsidiaries (Frito-Lay, Quaker Oats, Gatorade) that activately and frequently sponsors video game related things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom