• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Maps

PacoTaco

Inkling
NNID
PacoTaco56
So as all of you know, more multiplayer maps will be added as time goes on. We have seen 3 of those stages so far, well at least pictures of them. So have we not seen the others because they don't have them ready or are they something special? I feel like some aren't ready, but others will be for the fans of other Nintendo series. What do you guys think about them? Also will the Control the Tower mode be available for every map? This game has more and more questions as its closer to release...

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
I don't think we know if it's ready or not, but they said they will all be released by august. So they should be at least close to finished. I think the control the tower is a stage of its own.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I'd imagine the retail version of Splatoon is finished so all the maps that are suppose to be available on launch are finished. They should be working on their servers and DLC by now

PacoTaco

Inkling
NNID
PacoTaco56
It's just odd how they showed 3 or the new maps and then had question marks for the others.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
It's just odd how they showed 3 or the new maps and then had question marks for the others.
probably because those 3 were in development, but couldnt make it into the final game before release. games, while in development, have to get printed onto discs and sent to retailers, which is usually a few weeks before release. i'm willing to bet actual development had to stop some time in april because of this.

the devs said they'll be updating the game with new weapons and maps all summer in the direct, and i imagine the 3 maps we've seen will be the ones to be added in that time period. i'm more interesting in seeing if and how they'll continue supporting splatoon after this summer.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
It is a bit odd, but maybe they are trying to keep them a surprise.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Well one of the multiplayer maps is actually a part of the single player. They've said that they are "holding back the more technical maps", which I imagine the 3 shown are the ones they were referring to. Camp Triggerfish is one of the maps that was shown a lot in pictures/videos shown pre-release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom