• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Piece of a Puzzle to an Old Theory

Cephalobro

I was thinking about my old theory again and what piece was missing that would biologically link the playable Octolings to the enemy Octarians fought in the single-player modes, then I found something interesting on a fruit that might just be the key since some plants do have something functionally in common with animals. This is also relating to an alternate version of the theory I have crafted as well: My New Theory on the Octarian Biology

So what is this missing piece of the puzzle? Well, it's the possibility that whenever a playable Octoling gets one of his/her tentacles cut off, the pattern on it disappears. This is not a new discovery in living things in general though, bananas for example, they are green when biologically part of their tree, but turn the bright yellow we see more often when separated from the tree. I'm sure there are more examples of parts of living things losing their patterns or going through a color change entirely when separated from their beings.

The tentacles losing their patterns would explain a lot on why we only fought Octarians without said patterns while the playable Octolings were never sent to fight Agent 3 or Agent 4. As I have said, the Octarian army is clearly run by some biological method that they can take advantage of, if that wasn't the case, then we wouldn't be seeing DJ Octavio's tentacles inside the mechanical part of the bosses. As I have said before, Octolings, playable or enemy, are the only Octarian subspecies capable of reproduction, but the tentacle from the playable Octolings can result in an enemy Octoling. Which makes sense in the whole scheme of things to protect the playable Octolings as much as possible so at least the hope of an entire species doesn't become extinct.

As for why we only see female enemy Octolings, it is very possible that male Octolings are more likely to be hatched from eggs than female Octolings, resulting in a much greater population of male Octolings compared to female playable Octolings, thus making the tentacle cutting method a safety net of sorts.

Last edited:

Vernaltick

Full Squid
Sorry if I'm wrong but don't you as a playable of to long start in a test tube?

Cephalobro

Sorry if I'm wrong but don't you as a playable of to long start in a test tube?
No, playable Octolings are not created in a test tube, the Octo Expansion doesn't even have anything related to a test tube except the green liquid thing, it's more likely that the liquid is used to slow the aging of Octolings considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom