New player possibly looking to main sloshers. Help!

6thChance

Inkling
Hey folks. I'm relatively new and I like the idea of slinging a bucket of paint around. I have a few questions.

1. Are they any good at higher ranks? Wich sloshers should I focus on? Machine?

2. What abilities should I be looking to get on my gear in the long run if I decide to main the buckets?

3. Someone said to get fast chunks, use 1 star gear. Can someone explain how that works?

I'm kind of looking for a jack of all trades type weapon. If you all know of a better weapon to main, I'm very open to suggestions.

Thanks for your time in reading!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hey welcome to Splatoon and this site mate! As a Slosher main myself you've definitely come to the right place!

1. Absolutely, all Sloshers are very good so use whichever, and don't think you have to restrict yourself to only using one of them.

2. Swim Speed, Ink Recovery, and Special Charge are just good on pretty much all weapons. For regular Slosher specifically, 1 main of Ink Saver Main and 3 subs of Ink Saver Sub each give you an extra slosh after throwing a Suction Bomb so that's highly recommendable. For Slosher Deco, it's all about Special Power Up to increase Baller survivability and explosion radius. When it comes to Sloshing Machine, essentially 4 mains of Special Saver is a good strat for any mid/melee range Stingray weapon. The Neo Sloshing Machine can do well with Sub Power Up to give it's point sensors more throwing range and tracking time.

3. 1 star gear just takes less experience to level up than 2 n 3 star gear.

We can't tell you what to main, that should only be decided from personal experience, but I do think Sloshers fit the jack of all trades description. They've got good range with the main and additional ranged options through sub/special, can play both defense and offense well, can paint well and so ons. Definitely give them a shot!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
All of the Sloshers are good, but the Tri and Machine completely outclass the vanilla and deco.

If you've been following the meta recently, you'd know that Nzap is very powerful because of Ink Armour spam and good painting. The Tri Slosher can also do this, though to a lesser extent. It makes up for its slower Armour farming with many really good options for getting kills. The Burst Bombs and main weapon pair perfectly, so throwing one if an enemy has taken a decent amount of damage will almost always result in a kill.

The Sloshing Machine has been a staple of the tournament scene since its release, and there are many good reasons why. It has a unique hitbox that no other weapon can replicate, both the vanilla and the neo have good kits that are excellent at applying pressure. I recommend running Special Saver on the vanilla so you have your Sting Ray anytime you need.

The Slosher and Slosher Deco are good, but very slow compared to the Machine and Tri. I would say that Machine can do most of the same stuff with more effect. The kit of the Slosher is quite good for Tower Control, so you could probably use it well in that mode.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I don't know a whole lot about the tri-slosher other than move around a lot and fling paint, but there are a few things I know about the other sloshers.

Sloshing Machine: From my experience trying to use this weapon, yes, use special saver. Also (and more importantly maybe) I find it quite weird/difficult to nail directs with this thing. The mechanics are so much different than any other weapon, but it does mean you can hit people hiding on walls while being on the other side. Basically if you use this, get good at moving around to be hard to hit, while practicing getting directs for 2-shot kills rather than 3. If you decide to use the tri-slosher or sloshing machine you'll focus more slaying (killing people) while the other sloshers focus more on control and keeping enemies away from wherever you want.

Slosher: I prefer the slosher deco so all I can say about this kit is use ink saver main (14 sloshes a tank is quite awful) and I've seen people do well running special charge or sub saver as well. The kit can be used for zoning people out of areas you don't want them to be coming and this comes especially easy with this weapon with suction bombs. Throw a suction bomb and no one is coming that way and then if they do just slosh em. There's something that's really important to know about using the slosher but I'll put it in this next part.

Slosher Deco: It paints. It paints more, and it uses baller to kill people. Sprinklers are great for distracting people and painting and helping to hold down areas (like the zone in splat zones). You can also chuck it into the enemy base so they have to clean it up (else they don't have as much control of their base making them weaker if you push). Basically just keep your distance and you can kill people quite easily. If a mid-range shooter comes close by like a splattershot then try and get in one slosh and follow up with a second one to kill, but if that doesn't work after the 2nd slosh you should swim a little bit around to reposition yourself for a second slosh to kill them while making you harder to hit. If you just stand still sloshing you're an easy target unable to react to anything because of end lag. If you ever find yourself unable to make it out of your side of the map into the middle then that's where you build up baller then go use it to push them back or take zone or get a few kills for your team to get back in. This is the set I use for slosher. Some people use baller to protect them if they're about to die but I prefer to use it to push. It's really up to you though. If you want to use it to give yourself a little shield when you're about to die then you probably don't need as much special power up but again it's all up to your preferred playstyle.

Here is an advanced slosher guide from Splatoon 1 but I found it to help me out with understanding how to play the weapon better. Hope I could help! :)

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Tri-slosher+ ninja squid+ swim speed. Favorite combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom