• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New possible tech(?)

Ylissova

Inkling
NNID
DamianTheFool
I found a possible technique that if you spam ZL you go extremely fast. The only downside is that you don't get ink. You can also do it in the air for fun (is just for show)

aqualgnd

Inkling
NNID
theaquaninja
Don't know enough about the game to determine whether it's effective or not, but from what I've played it seems to work pretty well.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I was doing this just because it looked funny, but yeah, you go faster. Could definitely see this being a big part of competitive (covering ground quicky, anyway)

Mononut

Inkling
NNID
PeanutGamer
Can confirm that it works. I do agree that it isn't particularly a "tech", but it does work and is something to consider for future play.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This should be call Squidding.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Doesn't really sound like an AT to me. Useful maybe but it definitely does not requiring the timing or maneuvering to be considered a tech, just another movement option.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Tbh this just makes you way easier to hit.

Oni

Full Squid
and it begins. . .so you go up and down? like a wave. and its fast. like a dash. and you press a shoulder button. . .

wavedashing found "troll:

Greeny

Inkling
NNID
SpeedDeoxys
Welp, it's like fire hopping in Mario Kart 8 all over again (If you don't what I'm talking about, here.) I can see this used in competitive a lot unless there will be a patch for that.

LinkMain111

Inkling
NNID
LinkMain111
Doesn't really sound like an AT to me. Useful maybe but it definitely does not requiring the timing or maneuvering to be considered a tech, just another movement option.
Tech stands for technique so it is a type of tech however I wouldn't call it an AT.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Tech stands for technique so it is a type of tech however I wouldn't call it an AT.
True, it does, but still I wouldn't even really call this a technique. A technique is treated as so because of its execution, effort vs reward.

This is literally just spam ZL and you go kind of faster. That's just spamming ZL, not a technique. In a fighter you don't tell someone "great technique!" for button mashing, you encourage to learn actual techniques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom