• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splat Charger video - is it still underpowered?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
i am going to spend the full hour on the 23rd playing with the charger. i'll record gameplay and upload it after the stream.

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
The charger seems to a be a weapon that rewards accuracy, using it to hold down areas that your team has painted rather than claiming turf. I guess it will also help to learn the choke points and high platforms in each map to keep pressure on the enemy team.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It's a weapon made with shooting other inklings in mind. It also can be used to make a path of yourself and your teammates to swim through. People are just not used to the weapon yet. In my opinion, it's not underpowered as it can be used to cover your teammates on higher ground.

The_Nintendrone

Inkling
NNID
The_Nintendrone
It definitely seems like a good weapon when used right. I only tried it once in the Testfire and switched because I didn't want to use up the hour trying to learn how to use it well enough to help the team, but it is by no means underpowered. Especially considering that Turf War is likely it's worst mode.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
i am going to spend the full hour on the 23rd playing with the charger. i'll record gameplay and upload it after the stream.
Same. I'm gonna give it a chance even though I personally hate all the weapons in the Testfire except the Splattershot Jr. Fits my "all-in" playstyle.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Same. I'm gonna give it a chance even though I personally hate all the weapons in the Testfire except the Splattershot Jr. Fits my "all-in" playstyle.
yeah i agree. rapid fire weapons > everything

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The splat-charger is quite simply a support weapon. It can do many things, it can kill, it cover ground, it can put you in good spots for your team to super jump to, etc.

It requires a lot of thought.

luigisly

Full Squid
Something to keep in mind though. Out of all the maps we've seen this definitely looks like the best map for a charger that we've seen. Not to take anything away from it, I personally think one on a team would be very good, but this is showcasing it in its best situation.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Something to keep in mind though. Out of all the maps we've seen this definitely looks like the best map for a charger that we've seen. Not to take anything away from it, I personally think one on a team would be very good, but this is showcasing it in its best situation.
That's a fair point. Blackbelly Skatepark is the best sniper map we have so far, but keep in mind there's going to be other Charger weapons. the E-liter 3K has alot more range so I think it'll perform better on maps like Arowana Mall and Saltspray Rig than the original.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I failed to grasp the concept of the weapon, once all enemies were wiped out, i went on full aggression mode and went forward instead of protecting, so i understand that the Splat Charger is better for saving territory rather than conquering, i need to be more patient, hence why i feel the Splattershot type weapons are gonna be more of interest to me than the Splat Charger.

I really see a lack of potential with any ability, rather than Defence Up and Ink Saver, or probably that tenacity ability if i understood it right.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
I failed to grasp the concept of the weapon, once all enemies were wiped out, i went on full aggression mode and went forward instead of protecting, so i understand that the Splat Charger is better for saving territory rather than conquering, i need to be more patient, hence why i feel the Splattershot type weapons are gonna be more of interest to me than the Splat Charger.

I really see a lack of potential with any ability, rather than Defence Up and Ink Saver, or probably that tenacity ability if i understood it right.
This is the build I'm going for.

Primaries:
Ink Saver (Main) - Ink Recovery - Stealth Jump

Secondaries:
2 Defense Up - 2 Swim Speed Up - 2 Quick Super Jump - 2 Special Charge Up - Ninja Squid

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL

Primaries:

Secondaries:
2 Defense Up - 2 Swim Speed Up - 2 Quick Super Jump - 2 Special Charge Up - Ninja Squid
Looks very solid!
Also isn't Ninja Squid a Gear perk only and not a possible random Sub-Perk?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Not 100% sure how that works, but if so, replace Ninja Squid with a Special Duration Up.
Yeah, i think i'm just gonna see how much defence up i can stack and see how much difference it makes.
If it will be possible to multi-stack defence up on the same gear... hoo-boy.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn

Primaries:

Secondaries:
Huh. Fitting.

That's a great build actually. Might try it when the game comes out, that is, IF I can get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom