• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splat Roller confirmed!

QueenSplat

Inkling
NNID
refrain111
Aren't Sheldon's picks meant for underused weapons? I see Splat Rollers all the time!

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I kind of hope/think that it will come with :pointsensor: or :disruptor:, because those subs are pretty rare, especially the point sensor, and both haven't been used on any splat roller before. For the special, it may get :inkstrike:. Point sensor + inkstrike is a pretty funny combination.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
My Krak-On strategies are heavily reliant on its kit, but I'm quite curious to see what this new roller has in store!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Aren't Sheldon's picks meant for underused weapons? I see Splat Rollers all the time!
Underused or popular weapons. (Would you consider Splattershots underused?) I see Krak-On Splat Rollers plenty, but the vanilla almost never appears, so hopefully a new kit might encourage more variety.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
New roller variant, eh? For some reason I get the feeling it'll be more support-oriented than the other two, though obviously I can't say for sure. Either way, color me intrigued. Here's to hoping we get a Nintendo Direct about this soon.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hmm, could this also mean will get some more buffs and nerfs once this new toy takes the stage?

I will have a good laugh if they give it a Bubbler. "Pfft, stupid roller running straight at me. I'll just—ZAPFISH NO SHE BUBBLED!! *respawns*"

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Finally. Krak-On was way too overrate for my taste.

I will have a good laugh if they give it a Bubbler. "Pfft, stupid roller running straight at me. I'll just—ZAPFISH NO SHE BUBBLED!! *respawns*"
As funny as that sounds, a Splat Roller with a Bubbler would be like a Kraken, but slower if you do intend to roll them over. Plus you could repel them if you can out range them.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Disruptor + Inkzooka let's go! More realistically, I'm actually not sure what they'd do with it. No roller type has a throwable Bomb Rush so maybe they'll do Splat Bombs + Bomb Rush, but I feel that's just too similar to the vanilla Splat Roller.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Rollers and disruptors. God forbid, you animals. ... On second thought though, as long as it's not a carbon or dynamo with that sub-weapon, I'm good. Even though it would be overused as hell.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oh, so close! No bubbler but at least a splash wall.

Wonder how troublesome they'll be when they wall up.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't believe anything until nintendy or nwplayer reveals it, especially after that first sheldon's picks "leak"

...I WANT it to be real though, because I do not want to see a roller with disruptors xP

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I don't believe anything until nintendy or nwplayer reveals it, especially after that first sheldon's picks "leak"
I think we can have a bit more hope with this one, we have actual pictures this time rather than just text.

I'm super excited for this update. A new roller and gear is pretty much everything I hope for! (not that I don't love the other weapons, but rollers are too great for me) And I love that little animal design, it looks adorable.(I keep mistaking the mouth for an underbelly and thinking it's a dragon. I'll probably still end up calling it a dragon roller)

I was hoping for a special besides Inkzooka, but it's a good way to give it a ranged attack. (and force me to learn how to get good at it)

It kind of looks like we're getting a new brand, too? There's a logo on the hat, the hoodie, and the roller, which usually happens with brand logos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom