• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splat Roller confirmed!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Um... whatever that thing on the side is supposed to be. An electric Chinese dragon, perhaps?

If I can be honest, I don't quite get the decision to give it the Splash Wall. It doesn't have the range to take advantage of it, methinks. (Of course, I rarely use Splash Walls myself, so maybe I'm just biased in that regard.)

I might pick it up, though probably not when it comes out. I still have other weapons to try out.

Re: new gear, they're both branded with the magazine's logo, so I imagine they'll be like the Famitsu gear and be ability-neutral. Then again, the hat looks like it also has the Zekko logo...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That'd be a laughably broken kit on most weapons, but for the Splat Roller, it's meh tbh. It simply doesn't have the range to really take advantage of the Splash Wall. Inkzooka is great n all, but having it as your only ranged option means you wont have any range most of the time. I'll still give it a fair shake whenever it releases (does it say when?), but right now I'm thinking I'd rather use the Splat Roller and Carbon Roller over it. Also is it apart of Sheldon's Picks or naw?

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Hmm. Thinking that the Splash Wall would need to be used a lot differently on this due to the lack of range of the main weapon. It’d probably be more effective as a distraction, forced detour, lure, escape option, or teammate save than as a fighting tool. Also, using a Splash Wall before calling a teammate over to superjump is essentially like becoming a Beakon yourself. Though the ink consumption of the Wall would force you to swap some Swim Speed for Ink Savers. It’s definitely an interesting kit and, amusingly, a pretty good roller counter.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hmm. Thinking that the Splash Wall would need to be used a lot differently on this due to the lack of range of the main weapon. It’d probably be more effective as a distraction, forced detour, lure, escape option, or teammate save than as a fighting tool. Also, using a Splash Wall before calling a teammate over to superjump is essentially like becoming a Beakon yourself. Though the ink consumption of the Wall would force you to swap some Swim Speed for Ink Savers. It’s definitely an interesting kit and, amusingly, a pretty good roller counter.
Yeah you're right, I'm thinking too one dimensional and being too hard on it. I mean the kit is amazing, the main weapon itself is great, so there's no way it's only "meh," just requires different strategy and mindset. I really can't wait to get my hands on it now!

Splash Wall is actually one of least costly subs so shouldn't need any ink efficiency, but if I have trouble an Ink Recovery main should suffice. This is what I'm thinking about using with it, pretty basic but hey it works! Haven't used Ink Resist in forever so gonna give it a whirl, but will probably replace.

:ability_specialsaver:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: - :head_cap010:
:ability_coldblooded:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: - Squidstar Waistcoat
:ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: - :shoes_shi005:

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh I haven't even mentioned the look. Needless to say I love the blue it's got going on!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Splash Wall is actually one of least costly subs so shouldn't need any ink efficiency, but if I have trouble an Ink Recovery main should suffice.
I don’t use Splash Walls often, but it’s the effect of being unable to recover ink for a long time after throwing the wall that bothers me, and it can’t be shortened (as far as I know). It’s probably not that hard to use without Ink Saver Sub, but I feel like it’d be useful.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I don’t use Splash Walls often, but it’s the effect of being unable to recover ink for a long time after throwing the wall that bothers me, and it can’t be shortened (as far as I know). It’s probably not that hard to use without Ink Saver Sub, but I feel like it’d be useful.
It basically makes it so that if you want to shoot immediately after throwing a Splash Wall you have to have a near full ink tank when you throw it, making it less powerful as a panic button and something you have to think ahead about when using it offensively. No doubt Saver Sub is useful, though I'd go with Saver Main since the Splash Wall isn't spammable, but I'd try to see if you can get a handle on the weapon's ink efficiency before expending ability slots.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
It basically makes it so that if you want to shoot immediately after throwing a Splash Wall you have to have a near full ink tank when you throw it, making it less powerful as a panic button and something you have to think ahead about when using it offensively. No doubt Saver Sub is useful, though I'd go with Saver Main since the Splash Wall isn't spammable, but I'd try to see if you can get a handle on the weapon's ink efficiency before expending ability slots.
That’s a good point—I don’t use weapons with Splash Walls, and when I do it’s hardly my best performance. Maybe I’ll try to learn them with this new Roller though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom