• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Stage coming 6/2/15

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
I would disagree as all the high up spaces leave you open to be blasted and sniped. This seems like a charger or splatter heaven is all you have to do is get on top and jump from freight to freight splattering anything and everyone below. Not that I wont try it with a roller as its one of my favorite weapons but you would have to watch your back more and strategically avoid all head-on confrontations on the ground, the even layout seems like it would make sneaking up with the roller tougher as well imo.
Oh contrare look at the picture again my boy. All the crates that you see have the black guard rails on them so they can't be boarded. This is an ally way map suited for smgs and rollers I'm telling you.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Oh contrare look at the picture again my boy. All the crates that you see have the black guard rails on them so they can't be boarded. This is an ally way map suited for smgs and rollers I'm telling you.
Hmm might be difference in perspective here on what is considered advantageous. On the warehouse level the only way to get up on the freights with guard rails is a ledge jump which path is on your team's side. On the freight further in the middle I clean up with a .52 deco splatting the ground all around me and hitting any rollers that come by. The only way to get me down is a charger with long aim or 2 other enemies throwing bombs from both sides but it takes too much time and I can see it coming for someone to sneak up 1 on 1. For the port I can't see any way to get on top, if there is a way which I assume their is otherwise my entire point is invalid and I would agree with you. Meaning its probably only a very few ways to access the higher points and once on top of one you would hop from freight to freight. If you have jumped your way to the middle there is no chance of anyone sneaking up or climbing the sides allowing you to shoot from above at your leisure. Only another charger could take out a charger with that kind of setup and once on the same level you would have a good chance of still getting away if the first shot missed. But we shall see! Excited to try both.

praline

I'm ready!
Hmm might be difference in perspective here on what is considered advantageous. On the warehouse level the only way to get up on the freights with guard rails is a ledge jump which path is on your team's side. On the freight further in the middle I clean up with a .52 deco splatting the ground all around me and hitting any rollers that come by. The only way to get me down is a charger with long aim or 2 other enemies throwing bombs from both sides but it takes too much time and I can see it coming for someone to sneak up 1 on 1. For the port I can't see any way to get on top, if there is a way which I assume their is otherwise my entire point is invalid and I would agree with you. Meaning its probably only a very few ways to access the higher points and once on top of one you would hop from freight to freight. If you have jumped your way to the middle there is no chance of anyone sneaking up or climbing the sides allowing you to shoot from above at your leisure. Only another charger could take out a charger with that kind of setup and once on the same level you would have a good chance of still getting away if the first shot missed. But we shall see! Excited to try both.
If you noticed on the pics that you won't be able to get on any boxes.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
I see what you are saying but from what we are shown there isn't a way to get on top of the boxes. I could be totally wrong there could be multiple ways to get on top of the boxes. But Im judging from what I see there and from what I see its short range heaven. But even the short range maps have long ranged twist so we will see. I'm excited as well comes out so late thou :S

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Map's out, and you can get on the boxes after all. But since you can't ink them, it'll be hard to reload while you're up there.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
So I heard on here that Cory from the Nintendo Treehouse said that there would be a new map every week until August. Should we be expecting a new map tmrw?
I'm personally hoping that its Camp Triggerfish

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
We just had Port Mackerel on Monday, so if the updates are weekly I would imagine the next one will also be on a Monday.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Which map do you think will be next? Camp Triggerfish is my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom