New Tech?

BoN~

Inkling
NNID
Riskyx
Guys,I think it discovered a new tech of the game,I can share here later?

(Also My English is Not Perfect... u_u)

BoN~

Inkling
NNID
Riskyx
Okay
Well,it happens that when you press ZL Repeatedly,I think you progress faster,Someone might see if I'm right?

Video

Discuss

Last edited:

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
mmmh think it seems useless.... i see other comments before judge

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
Someone already discovered this during the Global Testfire I think. Still good find tho.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not really a tech, but thanks for trying to find something useful to further improve the metagame.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Interesting. I can't check it out for a while. If it is true you can potentially give up some of your transparency for extra speed making you a bigger yet faster target for the opposing team.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
I threw up. No offense.

But keep looking into it, I hope you prove i'm just an idiot who can't recognize tech.

Bormp

Inkling
NNID
MasterBeef42
If you 'Squid-Dash' a bit slower than that, then you can get a few shots in. It still may not be useful though :( I do know that it is a whole lot faster than walking and shooting, plus, you never will run out of ink. Somebody else discovered that you can turn back into a kid from a squid by pressing ZR, he called it 'Basty-Bouncing.'

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
If you do this in the air, you can do instant pivots instead of a pivot animation. It can be nice for running away. I called it flopping, because I think I discovered it? :P

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't think there's any purpose to this, sorry.

CalmAppleSnake

Inkling
Yeah I have to agree with the rest. It doesn't seem to be usefull. I'm sadly a 100% sure that it is slower than normal swimming because you change into kid form and therefore loose all your momentum that you got from normal swimming. When you change back into squid form it takes some time (a small amount but still) to get back to full swimming speed and because of those mechanics it should be slower.

There is a smiliar looking technique called "Splat Dashing". Which is about moving through uninked territory quickly. You can find a thread which talks about it extensivly here. (There is also a very heated debate in there :p)

WydrA

Inkling Commander
You've got to prove that it moves faster than just swimming. I wouldn't think it does, but I haven't tested myself so what do i know. util you can actually prove that then unfortunately this isn't o any use nor is it a tech.
But If you can prove it then not only may it be useful, i also would be a tech.

Fusion

Inkling
NNID
CrazyCupofJoe
One big problem with this is that your hitbox would be exposed a lot and you could die pretty easily, unless you are invincible during it... but youre not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom