• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New to motion controls help?

Zach321

Inkling
NNID
Zach
Switch Friend Code
SW-2237-3253-2819
I got this game just 4 days ago and have been attempting to play with motion controls since yesterday. I saw a video explaining the benefits of motion controls and tried to play with it. I was on handheld mode at the time as I only have 1 monitor which is also 1440p so it doesn't look good so I wasn't using it and I found it very difficult to use, the main reason being was that I had to have the switch facing down otherwise the camera would face upwards. if I held at a slight angle in front of me, I'm wondering if there is a way to change this, or is that just what happens when playing in handheld? I tried to use motion controls using the controller on a tv and found it just as difficult, I couldn't find the right sensitivity to make it feel somewhat comfortable. does anyone have any recommendations on which sensitivity to use when starting, out to get the feel for it?

Cephalobro

To turn up/down the sensitivity press + then go to Other then on the TV/Tabletop Mode. Also, you can still use the right joystick to control the camera even when using motion controls.

Zach321

Inkling
NNID
Zach
Switch Friend Code
SW-2237-3253-2819
I can control my horizontal direction but not my verticle. is there a way to control both + motion controls?

Cephalobro

I mean the camera can't be controlled vertically with the right joystick when motion control is being used.

Zach321

Inkling
NNID
Zach
Switch Friend Code
SW-2237-3253-2819
I see, do you play with motion controls handheld? if so what's your sensitivity so i can give it a go. i know it's a preference, but it helps to know what other people use.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I usually go with +2 sensitivity in handheld mode to combat the screen tilting issue. You might want to experiment with it docked and find a sensitivity that works for you, then add 2 for handheld play.

Zach321

Inkling
NNID
Zach
Switch Friend Code
SW-2237-3253-2819
Alright, thanks for the help. I should start playing docked more but handheld is so convenient. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom