New weapons coming out tonight, Octobrush and the N-zap 89

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
YEEEEEEESSSS finally another brush that is not the ink brush (which is somewhat better)

Purge

Inkling
Octobrush will definitely be interesting! It looks like it may solve the problem of stepping in enemy ink while running which kind of defeated the Inkbrush's purpose XD

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I'm interested in the N-Zap '89. Might give it a whirl before splatfest happens.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Octobrush Stats: http://vm.whatasha.me/splatoon/files/wep_values/RollerBrushNormal.txt

It's basically the Ink Brush with a lower Ink Speed and Mobility stat, but a higher Range stat in exchange. Its run speed is slower than the Ink Brush, but faster than the Carbon roller. It's ink trail is as you'd expect noticeably wider than the Ink Brush too sitting just short of the Carbon Roller's width. Its Splash range is greater than both the Ink Brush and Carbon Roller. Its splash damage is 37 per hit so it's a 3 hit splat unless the bad guy has the equivalent of at least two defense Up main abilities.

Overall I'd say as far as just the main weapon goes, this is likely to be a much better brush than its Ink brother. It makes up for what it lacks in both ink splash range/damage and ink trail size while still maintaining the overall high speed in both movement and swiping the brush category is known for. Its main set might not be for everyone, but its alternate set is the same as the Carbon Roller's main one (Burst Bombs and Inkzooka) which is arguably a much better fit as just like with aforementioned roller, it helps to cover for its range issue somewhat.

All that said, it's still a brush and as such will most likely never be able to hang with the big kid weapons in any sort of serious competitive environment. Still, it has the potential to be a lot of fun all the same. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Omg...two weapons after my squid heart.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Octobrush Stats: http://vm.whatasha.me/splatoon/files/wep_values/RollerBrushNormal.txt

It's basically the Ink Brush with a lower Ink Speed and Mobility stat, but a higher Range stat in exchange. Its run speed is slower than the Ink Brush, but faster than the Carbon roller. It's ink trail is as you'd expect noticeably wider than the Ink Brush too sitting just short of the Carbon Roller's width. Its Splash range is greater than both the Ink Brush and Carbon Roller. Its splash damage is 37 per hit so it's a 3 hit splat unless the bad guy has the equivalent of at least two defense Up main abilities.

Overall I'd say as far as just the main weapon goes, this is likely to be a much better brush than its Ink brother. It makes up for what it lacks in both ink splash range/damage and ink trail size while still maintaining the overall high speed in both movement and swiping the brush category is known for. Its main set might not be for everyone, but its alternate set is the same as the Carbon Roller's main one (Burst Bombs and Inkzooka) which is arguably a much better fit as just like with aforementioned roller, it helps to cover for its range issue somewhat.

All that said, it's still a brush and as such will most likely never be able to hang with the big kid weapons in any sort of serious competitive environment. Still, it has the potential to be a lot of fun all the same. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
W/o sprinklers and inkstrike I'm skeptical about the number of points it will get in turf war when comparing the two. I see the original as supeirior in This regard. As far as Ranked mode...oooh baby!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, tomorrow's Splatfest is going to be an interesting scenario to test these weapons out. If neither of these weapons cut it for me, I'll just switch back to the Splash-O-Matic to grind for the Splatfest, then try them again after.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
It has a Kraken.

On one hand, it's a glimmer of hope for Brush class users.

On the other hand, prepare for millions of laggy Japanese Octobrush users.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Still can't wait to try both as an Inkbrush user! Octobrush? More like Krak-on Brush and I never used the N ZAP 89' before but looking at the sub and specials, I am gonna try it! But I love both so I can't wait to try them in combat!

WesFX

Inkling
NNID
wesfx7
Already in love with the new N-ZAP '89. The N-ZAP '85 is already up my alley, and sprinklers are so much fun to play with. I want to see the dynamic they have with a shooter weapon.

W/o sprinklers and inkstrike I'm skeptical about the number of points it will get in turf war when comparing the two. I see the original as supeirior in This regard. As far as Ranked mode...oooh baby!
Agreed on this sentiment. I most often score highest in Turf Wars with the Inkbrush, even with Aerosprays and Rollers on the team. Never very favorable for the K/D ratio, but that's alright by me ;) This Octobrush sounds fun for Splat Zones though!

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Delicious... I'm looking forward to their arrival!

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Ahh... The Octobrush! An even more support role-based brush! Now this will be fun to use! ^^ I'm still holding out for a custom brush that will have bombs as a sub though. It would really help in CQC :P

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
Oooooh, N-Zap 89 may finally make me drop the Aerospray for Turf Wars.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
the n-zap comes with a sprinkler and inkstrike? damn. one of the reasons the inkbrush is good for turf wars is because of it has the best sub and special to that end, but i guess i'll give that weapon a shot if I feel like i want a weapon with actual range lol

octobrush looks interesting. i might give it a whirl but I don't really think i'll like it as much as I do the inkbrush.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
AAAAAAA ITS THE SECOND COMING OF THE KRAK-ON

NO PLACE IS SAFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom