Newcomer B rank - looking for semi-casual squad

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Hello squiddos, FM here looking for a more mature US squad to learn to ropes and climb the ranks with. I'm a 24 y/o office drone and lifelong gamer/anime fan, though I frequently wind up connecting with older people more easily, so I'm looking mostly for people at or above my age. That said I'm not against joining a younger squad, age isn't so much the determining factor as is level of maturity.

I typically play Splatoon after work, sometimes on weekends (roughly 5-10pm ET, ~2-3 hours at a time on average on weeknights, random times on weekends). I use Discord and can join a team chat (I tend to get quiet if I'm concentrating on the match, fair warning). I'm open to TeamSpeak if needed, but Skype is a no go. Here's a quick rundown:

Contact details: I can provide my Discord and nnid on request, or pm me here.

Time zone: eastern us time (utc -5)
Operating times: ~5pm-~10pm many week nights, not always the full time frame. Weekends are iffy until Splatoon 2 comes out for switch due to frequent travels.

Region/Language: US & surrounding countries/English

Preferred role: Shooter (main is n zap 85/89).

Skill bracket: B and climbing slowly but steadily.

Communication: Discord/TeamSpeak

Extra info: not to much into hearing screaming/yelling on com all the time, otherwise I can generally adapt.

I'm pretty much new at "competitive" anything but want to learn. I'm in C right now trying to work my way up while simultaneously learning the three ranked modes. Since I haven't been playing ranked for more than a few days (and splatoon just barely long enough to break level 20 as of last week), I've linked to two videos of myself as I tried to learn Tower Control and Splat Zones on my own. Note these represent me trying these maps in these modes for the first time, and so far I seem to be inconsistent at best, but this is why we try to improve! Even if you're not interested in recruiting me for a squad, please feel free to PM/reply with any tips or suggestions based on my playstyle, results, and apparent strategies.

Tower Control

Splat Zones

Sorry, no Rainmaker yet as I haven't seen that one in the rotation since I started, but I'll add it once I am able to record some footage.

I do frequent turf wars quite a bit and can carry a team with an aggressive playstyle and a quick start out of the gate. I main the n-zap ('89 or 85, depending on the map or my mood), and love disrupting the opposing team with a well-timed inkstrike or echolocator in enemy territory. Otherwise I'm OK with a roller, and garbage with a brush or charger. Never really tried the other weapons much.

Since I've not yet leveled out in ranked, I'd like to join a team with room to grow. Any options out there?

Last edited:

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Still looking for a squad. Past few days I've worked my way up to B rank and gotten better than the videos above show based on advice and feedback I've been given elsewhere. Any options?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You're welcome to check out any of the groups in my sig (though Ancient Mariners is kinda inactive it still has some sort of pulse).

Other than that, since I keep somewhat the same hours through most of the weeknight, I can squad up with you on occasion, if you like.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Hey, appreciate the offer! I'll send a request off and take a look at the groups in your signature just as soon as I can figure out how to see them on mobile/get on a desktop.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I think there is to be a button in the previous Squidboards version that would let you. Either way, if you're on chrome or firefox there's an option in the dropdown that lets you switch to the desktop version of whatever page you're on.

Seribisaur

Inkling
NNID
Seribisaur
Still looking for a squad. Past few days I've worked my way up to B rank and gotten better than the videos above show based on advice and feedback I've been given elsewhere. Any options?
Hey I just got onto this site idk but i just looked into a team here called HUE. (not trying to put emphasis on that btw) But they are recruiting b rank players like us so I think we have a chance there. But if you wanna practice competitive just before splatoon 2 comes out im down. just dm me for my discord and stuff like that.

ZephyrSonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZephyrSonicU
Not sure if your still looking but I'll squad with you. My NNID is ZephyrSonicU and currently I'm A- (was on A 60 till a losing streak happened with poor teams) I don't have discord but I do have Skype I'd your available for that :)

Luka Puka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
three3musketeers
Add me and we can squad sometime, if nobody else is active. I've got school until spring break, which starts next week, so I can get on at about 5:00 Mountain TZ.
I keep switching betwen B+ and A-, so I'm around that skill level. I often use the following weapons:

:wst_roller_brushnormal00: :wst_roller_brushmini00: :wst_roller_compact01: :wst_roller_normal00: :wst_roller_normal01: :wst_shot_explight01: :wst_shot_explong01: :wst_shot_expshort00: :wst_shot_gravity00: :wst_shot_normal01: :wst_shot_quicklong00: :wst_shot_quickmiddle00:

... along with Hydra Splatling, Heavy Splatling, Slosher, Slosher Deco, Sloshing Machine, and Tri-Slosher.
I will mostly use the Dual Squelcher and Carbon Roller Deco/Krak-On Splat Roller, however, depending on the stage.
I'm not a charger class (but am gradually learning how to snapshot) or a Nozzlenose fan either.

I generally like any weapons with:splashwall:, :splatbomb:, :pointsensor:, and/or :bubbler:, :kraken:. I'm heavy on support/defensive positions, but can push offensively (and successfully) at times.

I've been looking for a semi-casual, semi-competitive squad request for a while.

I can do Skype or Discord. I'm not a screamer, lol.

NNID: three3musketeers
Display name: Luka Puka

ZephyrSonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZephyrSonicU
Sure Luka I'll add you. PM me your Skype name and my NNID is ZephyrSonicU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom