• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nice forums here

PiyozR

Senior Squid
NNID
titanmkiii
My name's Piyoz. I'm an avid gamer and lover of all this interactive software from the likes of Nintendo to Valve. I've been addicted to Splatoon since release. When I'm out and about in real life I still look at the world trying to spot areas to swim up walls and drop ink bombs. It's gotten into my brain, man.

Anyway, my main reason for joining the forums here is my Splatoon language project. I have a minor in languages and all language real and fictional is something that I take great interest in. I know English, French, and Chinese, and have worked on a few of my own languages in my free time. Upon seeing a created alphabet in the promo material for Splatoon, I was hooked. I knew that (with Nintendo's history with Hylian) this was something I wanted to explore.

So, I've undertaken a project to find as much of the Inkling and Octarian alphabets as I can and try to make a natural language out of them that can be read and spoken. The thread for it is here. My personal thread for my observations will be posted on Rare Gamer forums here.

Anyone interested in this fan project is welcome to send me a PM with some ideas and letters that I may have missed. See you around!

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
Welcome! That's a neat project! hope to see you around :D

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Hello and Welcome to the website!

Seems like everyone who plays this game is instantly hooked lol. Cool to see someone actively trying to decode and understand the language. I've been wondering what the message behind Judd says.

Either way, I hope you enjoy your time here and if you need any help, feel free to ask me or another staff member for assistance!

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Welcome to
!!

If you're new please check out the Userguide.

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
A list of Splatoon tournaments are here !

The Shoutbox is a place to chat with other inklings around the world !

The Crispy Calamari is for general discussions.

If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, also don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff
members

No advertisements
Ink on posts
Change user title
Premium only Forum

Increased Avatar height
Increased signature height
Name changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom