Nintendo Magazine interview w/ all 3 idol groups just dropped!!

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
well, didn't just drop, but y'know, recently. check it out for yourself here!

i think most notably, towards the end of the interview, we get this:
Interviewer: We've seen a lot of fans hoping for a collab between all three of your groups. Big Man: Ay! Ay. (That sounds great! I'd be up for that anytime.) Shiver: Shall I book some time for a special Anarchy Splatcast? Heh heh, imagine what that would do for our ratings... Callie: Ooh! I just had a brilliant idea! Marie: One moment, Callie. Drumroll, please... Callie: We'll make a song featuring all of us! Marina: Whaaat?! Big Man: Aaay?! Frye: Hey, NOW we're talking! Callie: What do you think? Exciting, right?

a three-way collab teaser! we're getting close to final fest territory - i suspect this could be a final fest thing... either way, i'm excited. after this, they discuss how to make a collaboration between the three groups work - with their very different musical styles and all - which makes me even more excited to see what the song(s??) will sound like.
Marie: Well, we all sing Now or Never!, right? So what about The Now or Nevers? Shiver: That works. Nice one, Marie. Big Man: Ay. Ay. (I think it's fresh. It conveys the impulse to ink lots of turf and not let the moment pass you by.) Marina: I still feel like it's missing something, though.

Frye: Then let's go all in and be the Extra-Large Seafood Squadron Now or Never Seven! Callie: Cooooool! I like how it sounds like a superhero team! Marie: Dibs on the white outfit. Shiver: Too long! We don't need the 'Extra-Large Seafood Squadron' part! Pearl: So, just Now or Never Seven? That cool with everyone? Then there we go!

tentatively, they're the Now or Never Seven together. i wonder if that'll change or if they're gonna stick with it? (i like it personally)

some other parts of the interview i either thought were interesting or just made me smile:

Frye: I was seriously shook when I first heard Liquid Sunshine. Who knew it was a charity song?
Marie: Callie had the idea that she wanted to do something for the folks in Splatsville who were struggling financially.
(p.14)
liquid sunshine being a charity song - is this new lore? or did i just miss it (very possible lol)? either way, that's cool

Marina: Pearl and Frye got pretty heated, but afterwards they both looked like they felt better. And I got a few singing tips from Shiver, which really made my day!
Shiver: "You won a fight you didn't even know you were in..."
(p.14)
i've seen a lot of people take this quote and go "oh wow, marina really didn't realize shiver was insulting her!" but i'm not convinced that's the only thing this exchange can mean, tbh. it's possible that both here and in suffer no fools, she knows what was going on, but she's still responding as if shiver's words were genuine to undermine them. idk though, both interpretations are valid i think!

Marina: Did you hear the new SashiMori song I linked you the other day?
Frye: Yep. It kills me to say this, but it was pretty dope. You're talking about Amalgamania, right? It felt like it could've come straight outta the Splatlands!
Callie: Amgalamanium! What a cool title!
Marie: That isn't the title.
Pearl: I caught last week's Anarchy Splatcast where you had Paul from SashiMori on. Cracked me up. It was so chaotic!
(p.15)
first of all i have a personal love for the middle of this exchange because it reminds me of one of my friends from roller derby doing a bit where she purposefully mispronounces the title of femininomenon by chappell roan to annoy another derby friend
but also i WISH we could see the paul cameo on anarchy splatcast. i wanna hear what he has to say 💔

Marie: [...] That reminds me, Pearl and Marina. You two stepped away from the Splatfest stage during your world tour. How does it feel to be back?
Pearl: Just like coming home! Singing in Inkopolis Square is where I belong.
Marina: Totally! Whenever I take that stage, it reminds me of all the time I've gotten to be with Pearlie...
Big Man: Ay? (Umm, earth to Marina?)
Marina: Eep! Point is, Inkopolis Square is the best.
(p.16)
do i even need to say anything

so yeah! if you haven't already seen it, be sure to check it out! these in-character interviews are always so cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom