Nintendo: make one player sit out until a teammate is splatted in 4 on 3 Splatoon squad battles.

RhythmRunneR

Inkling
I've created a petition to try and convince Nintendo to make a slight alteration to how tri-squad battles against 4-player squards are conducted, detailed here:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-m...-is-splatted-in-4-on-3-splatoon-squad-battles

To summarize: only 3 players of the 4-player team can be playing at one time, rotating into the game every time a teammate is splatted. The 3-player squad's respawn rate would be back to normal were this rotation in place.

If you support this idea, sign the petition and help spread the word! Thanks!

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
...don't you get quick respawn benefits and are warned you may face full squads.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think a better solution would be to grab someone who's alone in the queue for Ranked Battles to fill the squad; that's how I originally thought it would work

Figy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Hummana
Im pretty sure nintendo stated that 3v4's will and can happen and that seems like a lot work when they could be fixing other things.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Now that I think about it, something like this might be good for balancing normal matches when somebody disconnects.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
If nintendo did something like the OP stated, I'd have the one player staying in the spawn have the recon ability.

So..... you would still be at a disadvantage.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Now that I think about it, something like this might be good for balancing normal matches when somebody disconnects.
I don't see why any player should be punished for a disconnect. If anything, in normal modes, if someone disconnects the quick spawn mechanic from trisquads should kick in.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't see why any player should be punished for a disconnect. If anything, in normal modes, if someone disconnects the quick spawn mechanic from trisquads should kick in.
Oh, it does not give the disconnecting player a disadvantage, it just gives a punishment to the opposing team, balancing out the match. The quick respawn thing, or even a delayed respawn for the opposing team would work too.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
I don't think Nintendo is going to make a change like this that stops people from playing the game (even if only temporary). They want people to be playing, not prevented from playing.

Hesoca

Full Squid
I don't think Nintendo is going to make a change like this that stops people from playing the game (even if only temporary). They want people to be playing, not prevented from playing.
This. Having one player sit out a match every time a group of three showed up would be incredibly boring. It'd be like if a group of four friends were playing a game but only had three controllers. Yeah, that fourth person gets to play, but they also spend a lot of time twiddling their thumbs while everyone else gets to have fun.

I think what Nintendo is doing right now with teams of three is fine. Quicker respawns do work to even the playing field a bit, if not as optimally as some would like. Perhaps the three-person team could get some kind of attack/defense boost as well as the faster respawn to even things out some more? It would certainly help balance the extra firepower that fourth person on the opposing team brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom