• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo NEEDS To Upgrade Splatoon Servers FOR EVERYONE Also Please Help!

NintendoAthlete

Inkling
NNID
RunnerCharm
When I say Everyone you may be confused.
People have bad internet and Splatoon requires 1.5mb Download and 1mb upload speed. Why is that the case when Call of Duty can have perfection when you have worse internet then ever. Now I used to disconnect from matches 50% of the time but now I can't even play without a match disconnecting me in the first 6 seconds of the match sometimes I don't even get to play and somehow I am the bad guy. No No I am not Its Nintendo who won't even try to make the server run smoothly. My internet speed is only 800kbs Download and 300 KBS Upload and that makes me sad that I can't play it I tried everything from port forwarding DMZ hosting everything and nothing works. And Do not even THINK ABOUT IT I KNOW YOU ARE Thinking about saying "NO the servers are amazing I never disconnect you need to call your internet provider and get better internet my internet is like 1000 Mbs Download"
Sorry to say this but not everyone has the money to afford a faster internet plan And also Verizon should start offering better speed. Yea how am I the bad guy when I get the junk for not being able to afford the internet. So please does anyone have any idea to help me out so I can play I am not happy how I can't play because of something as silly as this :(

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
There are no servers that manage in game interactions sorry! That is the problem, it is all peer to peer, which can work for games that don't require the level of precision of a shooter, but games like CS:GO and Overwatch have good servers, that mitigate these problems by verifying everything between clients. There isn't really anything you can do, it may be worse for you by having bad internet, but nothing fixes it. The ping between countries a sea apart is bad, which is why the lag is so bad, even from different ends of the U.S. can have a terrible connection to each other. Sorry!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not a whole lot to be done, yeah. Even server-based games have lag and other problems.

NintendoAthlete

Inkling
NNID
RunnerCharm
So basically what you are saying is that the only way to be able to play Splatoon again is to get better Internet!
That really just doesn't seem right when every single Splatoon player brags how great they are at Splatoon and Rich they are to afford good Internet :(

Well that's just me but anyway this just doesn't seem fair..

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is far from the only game with this problem. A friend of mine had to get better internet to play Terraria, of all things. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
When I say Everyone you may be confused.
People have bad internet and Splatoon requires 1.5mb Download and 1mb upload speed. Why is that the case when Call of Duty can have perfection when you have worse internet then ever. Now I used to disconnect from matches 50% of the time but now I can't even play without a match disconnecting me in the first 6 seconds of the match sometimes I don't even get to play and somehow I am the bad guy. No No I am not Its Nintendo who won't even try to make the server run smoothly. My internet speed is only 800kbs Download and 300 KBS Upload and that makes me sad that I can't play it I tried everything from port forwarding DMZ hosting everything and nothing works. And Do not even THINK ABOUT IT I KNOW YOU ARE Thinking about saying "NO the servers are amazing I never disconnect you need to call your internet provider and get better internet my internet is like 1000 Mbs Download"
Sorry to say this but not everyone has the money to afford a faster internet plan And also Verizon should start offering better speed. Yea how am I the bad guy when I get the junk for not being able to afford the internet. So please does anyone have any idea to help me out so I can play I am not happy how I can't play because of something as silly as this :(
Just have to ask, where did you get those bandwidth numbers?

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
Ok, I know this comes up a lot, maybe I need to make a topic just for it. But we should dispel the technical rumors about how Splatoon works.

First thing, the bandwidth usage. I know I see these crazy numbers floating around all the time, but it really only takes about 300 kb/s of bandwidth to play Splatoon. The attached chart is a an entire Turf War on the map Piranha Pit. As you can see, it never gets even close to 1 Mbp/s of speed usage. Remember, this was the entire match recorded directly from the Wii U.

Next, how Splatoon works. It is not a direct peer to peer game, it uses servers as a relay. If you packet snoop your Wii U during anything Splatoon does, you'll notice all the traffic routes through Amazon servers. It may not be widely known, but Nintendo does have servers for Splatoon that actually do run the games you play. This isn't a peer to peer free for all packet storm game. Many of the IPs Splatoon uses are 52.72.188.181, 52.196.212.20, 52.41.4.248, etc.

The game in the chart below was played from IP 52.196.212.20 because *all* the packets for the game were coming and going from that one IP, not dozens of random IPs around the world.

Attachments

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Welp, KnightMB wins the thread, everybody can go home.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
So basically what you are saying is that the only way to be able to play Splatoon again is to get better Internet!
That really just doesn't seem right when every single Splatoon player brags how great they are at Splatoon and Rich they are to afford good Internet :(

Well that's just me but anyway this just doesn't seem fair..
I have garbage internet and I can still manage to play- I just get used to playing with lag and dealing with disconnects. Just keep going with what you have until you can get something new, that's what I told myself. I'm pretty sure not every good player at splatoon is rich with good internet, by the way, so that's probably not the best thing to say.

Life isn't exactly fair either way, you'll get used to that fact as you get older. Or not. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom