Nintendo UK's "The Great British Splat-Off"

Cyan

Inkling Commander
So Nintendo UK has decided to team up with gfinity to host a Splatoon tournament for UK players. They're splitting it up into 3 leagues, being the Squid Kid League (for younger players on Turf War only), the Inkling League (for casual/beginner players, also Turf War only), and the Octo League (open to all and uses all 4 game modes). This event will be taking place from the 16th July to the 7th August. The 6 winning teams (2 from each league) will be rewarded with tickets to compete in a special event (The Splatoon Fan Fest) in London's Gfinity Arena being held on the 27th August. The entire Splatoon Fan Fest is going to be livestreamed from Nintendo UK's Twitch channel. There are rewards on offer too for the winning teams, as quoted here from the article:

Fans will also be given the unique chance to pick up exclusive Splatoon giveaways and prizes, including rare merchandise, exclusive artwork created by Splatoon’s revered Art Director and a one off personalised Splat Champ winner’s jacket.
I personally think it's pretty neat to see an official Splatoon tournament coming from Nintendo, especially here where they have a harder time shifting consoles. So what do you guys make of this? If you're in the UK, are you thinking of making a team and having a go of it? I really want to give it a go, but I think it'll be difficult trying to form a team of 4. Nevertheless it's great to see Nintendo giving the game attention and support, especially after the announcement that Splatfests are ending. If you want to see the article for yourself, then go here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/July/The-Splatoon-Summer-of-Splat-begins-this-July--1120899.html

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
... there's a Nintendo UK? Hah, I thought we were just governed under the umbrella of NoE.

This is kind of interesting and very convenient, given that I'm basically not doing anything this summer. I could be open to forming a team with people on this forum, given that, as far as I can tell, it's all taking place online until the 27/08 event.

pericardium

Inkling
NNID
pericardium
Hello! I joined squidboards for the sake of trying to find a team to take part in this tournament, since the majority of my current team members live outside of the UK. I'd love to take part since I live in London; I'm an S+ rank player and mostly use the Luna Blaster Neo and the Octoshot! :)

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
This would be great for me as I have all the conditions for this tournament. I'm also looking for a team to take this tournament so we can play off in August,
I'm a roller main, mostly Krak On and Dynamo. Let me know if you need someone!

TailsMelv025

Inkling
NNID
Miles555
This would be great for me as I have all the conditions for this tournament. I'm also looking for a team to take this tournament so we can play off in August,
I'm a roller main, mostly Krak On and Dynamo. Let me know if you need someone!
I need someone. There's 2/4 of us so far.
And do you have a charger UK friend? :P

Duke

Inkling
NNID
Lmnthe2nd
Hi guys, returning player here. I am looking to join a team for this event. I am rank B+, and I use a .52 Gal Deco.
As I am under A rank, I am eligible both the Inkling and Octo Leagues.
Anybody want my help form a team?

If so, please reply here or message me. :)

spakment

Inkling
NNID
loadsamuny
Hey all, looking for team mates for the UK tournament - can make the 30 / 31 Jul & 7 Aug events.
I'm usually a Splattershot or Roller, happy to play at either level (I have a char at B+ and one at S)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom