• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo's ideas and their lasting appeal

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
From how Splatoon's shaping up to be, it's definitely got potential to be a major hit. If Nintendo plays their cards right with this game it can even turn into a series of its own.
I completely agree, if it sells well I don't see a reason for Nintendo to not make another Splatoon.

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Over years I've come to meet lots of people who sound like a broken record stating that "Nintendo doesn't do enough new things." And when they do create a new IP, it's shunned and those people use a common excuse... "It just doesn't have the same appeal as Mario or Zelda."

I've heard many of them say the same thing about Splatoon, among other of Nintendo's many endeavors like, including but not limited to, Dillon, Pushmo, and Code Name STEAM. Why is this the case? I must ask. What exactly is more unique about Mario or other popular Nintendo franchises compared to other new Nintendo franchises? Is it excuses?

Personally I'd like to know the experience or knowledge of other users.
People don't know what they want, and can never be satisfied. Appeal to one, appall the other. It's why game companies listen, but don't at the same time. Nintendo seems to do a better job at listening to the stuff that counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom