NO weapons in the Plaza (why?)

SquidJesus

Inkling
NNID
DebugKatamari
Since this game came out I have mindlessly pressed ZL in the Plaza almost about every-time I boot Splatoon.
Why you ask? Not because I am your lord and savior and I may do what I wish, but out of the pure fact I am not allowed a weapon in the plaza.
WHY?
Why is it that we are oppressed in such a manner?

In all seriousness though, why didn't they make it so you can Ink in the Plaza? Seems like this would have been a no brainer at launch. Just how I feel about it. Anyone else feel this way?

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Well, in-universe, I doubt they want people causing mischief and splatting others to inconvenience them, so that's the law. If someone is on an errand, they wouldn't want someone else to keep splatting them and stall them, would they?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
There's no spawner in Inkopolis from the looks of it, can you imagine getting rolled over by accident and having to move all the way back from the spawner at the nearest playable stage? That sounds like the pits.
On an unrelated note, when is Arowana actually open for business? It seems to be stuck in a perpetual state of warfare and nobody seems to be able to buy anything there.

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
There's no spawner in Inkopolis from the looks of it, can you imagine getting rolled over by accident and having to move all the way back from the spawner at the nearest playable stage? That sounds like the pits.
On an unrelated note, when is Arowana actually open for business? It seems to be stuck in a perpetual state of warfare and nobody seems to be able to buy anything there.
Maybe when it's not in rotation.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Maybe when it's not in rotation.
I'd say it's open when the map isn't in the rotation, but you can actually see spectators from within the mall watching the match, similar to Flounder Heights. Maybe they actually use the battles as a draw. The customers could enter through a different area, since the areas surrounding the mall are pretty open and all, and nothing's happening outside the battle area.

As for the topic at hand:
It's funny because I was thinking about this on a hot day when my brother and I were coming back from the mall. I told him that if this was Splatoon I'd just carry a charger and ink a path for myself, then it struck me that the plaza didn't actually let the kids use weapons there. I imagine there would be some sort of regulation to prevent battles from breaking out where they're not supposed to. Imagine peacefully walking around in a shopping center, and out of nowhere getting hit with a massive glob of the wrong-colored ink and oops, there you go.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Actually, when you appear in the plaza, the spot you show up in has arrows around it, indicating a spawn point. You also respawn there if you leave the plaza via a glitch, fall off an invisible ledge, and then splat. I imagine there's these neutral spawn points all around the world for splattable species like the Inklings and Octolings.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Remember the last time an Inkling brought a weapon into the plaza? She got banished to the plastic case in the corner:

Hey, the ink battles will ensure Hammerhead Bridge will NEVER be open for public use. And the people who live in Flounder Heights would have a hard time leaving their homes.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
What if Splatoon is just about a city that's in a perpetual civil war fought by children, hence explaining all the public places converted into war zones.
Yet those people (I'm gonna change the word children to people) show no signs of bad blood, are okay with being enemies in one match and allies the next, and the battlefields show signs of official modifications (the Turf War logo appears on banners, barriers, etc.)? Pretty sure it's just an official sport.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas

If you're like me
, you'll connect the gun-free zone in Inkopolis to the Octoling hacking crisis. The lawless Octolings (meaning they don't follow the law or signs) invaded Inkopolis and the defenceless Inklings had no way of dealing with it.

People saying they weren't able to access their plaza were actually splatted and unable to respawn.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777

If you're like me
, you'll connect the gun-free zone in Inkopolis to the Octoling hacking crisis. The lawless Octolings (meaning they don't follow the law or signs) invaded Inkopolis and the defenceless Inklings had no way of dealing with it.

People saying they weren't able to access their plaza were actually splatted and unable to respawn.
Then what about the spawn point in the middle of the plaza?

Ultimate Mayhem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MechanicalDoom
It would be kinda cool if you had the option to use weapons, but I also like the feel you get of having no weapons. It makes Inkopolis feel more believable. The inklings obviously wouldn't have their weapons out all the time causing random chaos. They do other stuff like buy clothes and socialize.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Remember the last time an Inkling brought a weapon into the plaza? She got banished to the plastic case in the corner:

So that's why both the orange Inkling girl & the blue Inkling boy are put in boxes. They noticed them bringing their weapons in the plaza, so they put them in Amiibo boxes as punishment.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Actually, if you do the Inkopolis out of bounds glitch and you fall out of bounds, you respawn in the center of the city

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom