North America Splatfest not on this week?

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
It's very possible that NoA are currently organizing one that will coincide with Thanksgiving. A major (food) holiday celebrated in the west. Before, I believe both the EU and NA had their splatfests at the same time before an EU splatfest got delayed a week later which then made NA and JP have their run at the same time. It's likely the EU may get a similar splatfest as well (hopefully).

So this thread is to discuss potential splatfest ideas like: Turkey vs Goose or Turkey vs Stuffing, etc.
Even though splatfests normally occur every 3 weeks, it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed it back a week just in time for Thanksgiving. We would also have to look at the dates of when a christmas splatfest will happen as well whether it will be on Boxing day or the day after new years on the 2nd January 2016.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
They'll probably announce the next NA & EU Splatfest themes later this week. The month hasn't even ended yet, so there's still time.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they held it off for Thanksgiving. I was pretty surprised it wasn't going to be this week, though, especially since the last delay was only because of those matchmaking problems from the first JP Splatfest way back when.

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
I think they have time still to put the team names together. Im not suprised if it's something completely different, but s long as we have a splatfest im good!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Sounds like NA will have their SF with EU on the same weekend, again.
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving so I'm curious which topic EU will get. I'm not familiar with NAs ThxG tradition, I wonder if it will be something about culture or food.
EU/NA on 28th, so hopefully the December SF will be on 19th and not 26th.

I still hope all 3 regions will have their SF on the same weekend someday.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I actually really hope this splatfest isn't thanksgiving themed. It's pretty much a fake holiday and I don't even like the food that is served then. Also I wouldn't even be able to play if it was on the day of Thanksgiving because I'm visiting family...

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I highly doubt it'll be Thanksgiving-related, as that is specific to one country in the region. (It's the most populous country in the region, but making it Thanksgiving-themed risks alienation from people who don't live in the United States and can make Nintendo of America come off as Americentric.)

That being said, doing it during Thanksgiving weekend would be a big boost in popularity, I feel, for two reasons: Sometimes, people will bring their Wii U's over or visitors come to houses with the game; and because it's right after Black Friday, there will be a rush of new players.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Let's see... holidays in November that aren't Thanksgiving... well, it's Día de la Revolución in Mexico today. Although it seems they recognize it as the 3rd Monday of November, which was this week. Nothing special in Canada... if they're looking for a holiday to make a Splatfest out of, Thanksgiving is all there is.

I honestly don't care how they theme it, so long as I can restock my Sea Snails I'll be good to go.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Looks like we may not get a Splatfest this month since it's almost over with. Guess a commercialized holiday like Christmas is more of a better choice for a new Splatfest theme than anything. Sorry, but I think Christmas is a very stressful holiday to me. It's all people care about anymore. Of course, what could they do for a Thanksgiving related theme anyway?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
since europe isn't getting one either it seems, looks like spaltfests will be taking a break.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Meh, so the gap between the last splatfest (eu) is 4 weeks this time. It's ok, since it fluctuates between 3 and 4. Announcement for next weekend to expect.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
thanksgiving is on thursday if they wanted a thanksgiving splatfest they should of had it today

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Thanksgiving splatfest isn't happening or else they'd announce it last Wednesday and besides, it's an American thing. I only care about the food on that day. Who knows what's going on over at the heads of NOA or NOE.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't next week, simply because the number of people traveling at the time to see their families.

Then again, that would set the next splatfest to either the day after Christmas (again, people traveling to see their families) or the day after New Years. (everyone tired after staying up late last night). Yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom