Now that they've all been announced...

G

girigiriHERO

What is the first of the new weapons you'll try out? For me it'll be the N-Zap '83, I find it a bit underwhelming but I've always loved the weapon for Turf Wars.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
When the burst bombs were still 25%, I thought "there is no burst with blasters... I guess it would be too OP, especially with the 1HKO ones". The curstom range is the first weapon I got to S+99 with, I'm definitely trying this Grim one first. I do wannt to see how well I can do with the rapid pro deco when it will be faster and more prcise in air, making less exchanging situations, too.

About the other weapons, I guess I kinda want to try the H-3, but I don't think I'll keep it (though sometimes I surprise myself). I'm very skeptical about the roller. I mean, is the wall for my teammates? It feels too weird for me, at least for now. I'm curious about the charger. Echo is something I love with chargers (I'm basically S with E-Liter, and yoyoing S/S+ with splat charger), but I wonder if the wall is good. The perfect kit for me would be sprinkler echo I think. Like, permanent echo + wall substitution. Back to the real weapon, it means I'd need lots of ink, and well I guess people will just throw a bomb and hide a bit... If I'm no ground I'm kinda unhappy, if I'm at a snipe position the wall wan't *that* necessary... I'm not too sure.

I guess I'm not too interested in the others. I definitely want to know the special depletion though - I guess the aero is at least medium, possibly heavy (possibly medium for now and heavy if the weapon is overused). Maybe medium is enough though. Because even if it's a kraken more than an aero, it's not like kraken are all-mighty either.

tanzinyagrill

Inkling
I loved the Heavy when it first released, but the kits were never really my thing, which made me switch to the Custom Hydra eventually.
Then, the Heavy Splatling Remix was announced.
Sprinkler and Killer Wail?
Looks like the Heavy will find its place in my mains back.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Heavy Splatling Remix hands down.
Not only does it acknowledge the rich music culture of Splatoon, its kit is also amazing and it has this funky theme going on.

I'm going with a combo of Run Speed Up and Special Charge to run and wail faster than the speed of sound.

Second is Point Sensor spam NZAP

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
The new N-Zap is going to destroy the meta. If this thing doesn't come with heavy depletion, it's going to have an even bigger impact. It's the first straightforward shooter since the 96 Deco to come with Kraken, and this one lends itself to the aggressive Tentateks that will now have Krakens to spam to cover themselves when they get too aggressive.

People currently have a poor opinion of the N-Zap because its current kits do not fit the weapon, but that's about to change. It's a weapon that's forced to go in and slay, without kits that help it go in or slay. Yes, the vanilla gets Splat Bomb, but other weapons with better specials get similar subs. This new N-Zap is going to have Kraken, and a sub that is actually good and has the use of marking enemies that it can't get in on. And just wait until people realize that one main one sub of damage makes it immune to defense up. Mark my words, this game will be flooded with the new N-Zap until the "Tentatek" role eventually becomes evenly split between N-Zaps and Tentateks.

The new Range Blaster is going to definitely fill an important niche. In order for Burst Bomb indirects and primary fire indirects to 2-shot together, the Necro (it's called Grim in the NA version, right?) will have to run at least 3 mains worth of damage up, and the effect is easy countered with minimal defense. That being said, its zoning abilities and its ability to cover the Range Blaster's weaknesses when it misses are going to make it a threat.

The new Splatterscope has the potential to make a difference. Because it has Wall, a special that lets it instantly refill and throw another Wall, and the same special as one of the current E-Liters, it may prove to be a viable replacement for an E-Liter on all but the most extreme maps (Moray cough cough). We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

The rest of the weapons range from "Interesting, but I need to be convinced" to "Meh, other weapons do the job better" so I'm going to wait and see how it plays out. Actually, the only interesting weapon to me is more or less the new Splat Roller, to be completely honest.

So I'm personally interested in trying the new Charger and Roller, and I'm of course obligated to try the new Burst Bomb weapons lol. I'll of course end up messing with the N-Zap because it's clearly going to become one of the standard weapons of Splatoon, but since I main Zimi there's not much reason to deviate to N-Zap and give up my tools as a support player for a similar weapon.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Yes, it's called Grim in NA.

I'm going to bring the '83, PG, and 7 into my medium-short ranged family. I might try out the charger too, I dunno. Maybe even the Blaster. *big shrug* I do know that I need to get my aim in order if I'm going to try the Cherry.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think the new blaster is going to be my first non-rapid, non-luna blaster purchase. Because burst bombs.

Also really interested in the new aerospray, but I think the neo-splash is probably just better.

I'm nervous about the new nzap. Krakens are bad enough already. More invincibility specials seems...well, it seems like I'll be getting frustrated.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I feel like Bronze Aerospray can run something like this:

2m1s Sub Save
1m Swim
6s Bomb Range
2s Damage

I'm probably going to experiment with that as my first Bronze build.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think the new blaster is going to be my first non-rapid, non-luna blaster purchase. Because burst bombs.

Also really interested in the new aerospray, but I think the neo-splash is probably just better.

I'm nervous about the new nzap. Krakens are bad enough already. More invincibility specials seems...well, it seems like I'll be getting frustrated.
Last update was bomb-mania. This time it's star-mania.

G

girigiriHERO

@Hitzel The biggest issue with the new N-Zap will be splitting perks. 20 points Swim, 18 points Run, 10 Damage and then what else? I'll have fun experimenting, but N-Zap loaded down with just Run Speed as a lot of fun and effective, but would suck with '83 due to Kraken.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

2m1s Sub Save
1m Swim
6s Bomb Range
2s Damage

If only I had that gear… XD I'll try to figure out something
Last update was bomb-mania. This time it's star-mania.
*dootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdoot*

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
If only I had that gear… XD I'll try to figure out something
You only need one non-natural for something similar (not exact, but similar).

Any bomb range hat with two dmg subs and hopefully one sub saver sub.
Firefin Sweat - Bomb range with 3 sub saver subs.
Blueberry Casuals - Sub saver main and 3 swim speed subs.

So you lose a couple points of swim speed and sub saver, but it works.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
No Sloshing Machiiine. No, I'm gonna have fun with the Grim; it's the only one among them which at all fits in with my weapons of choice, and I do love Burst Bombs. I'll have to see how much Damage I run, though. I instinctively prefer to go for ink efficiency, particularly when it makes the difference between 11 and 15 shots, in cases like this. Potentially, this'll be the first Range Blaster that doesn't want Ink Resistance thanks to the option of making a Burst Bomb escape from uncomfortable situations. Thinking about it, it's also way better at climbing walls than possibly any other blaster, just thanks to that Sub, which also applies to recolouring the side of the TC Tower. With the Wail, this is gonna be wonderful in that mode.

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000

2m1s Sub Save
1m Swim
6s Bomb Range
2s Damage

What's the use of the 2 subs of damage up?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
What's the use of the 2 subs of damage up?
Burst Bombs.
Yeah, basically having some extra damage lets you splat people more easily with indirect hits and also decreases the amount of shots it takes to splat people after a direct burst bomb hit. Pre 2.7 you could run a lot more damage instead of sub saver which made things even easier. Having at least two subs of damage helps in those situations where you just needed a little more damage to get the splat.

@Hitzel
Do you think the combined impact of the Berry Pro and NZap 83 (and maybe the buffs to the Neo Splash) will cause the Tentatek to drop even more? Or do teams still rely on the inkzooka to make swingy plays? I know suction bombs are important to team comps, but is inkzooka?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like ALL of these new weapons, many kits that I had imagined in the past along with the thought "Shoot, this jank would be broken xD"
On that note, Cherry H3 hands down.
It may be paired with the hardest main weapon to master, but boy ooooh boy do I want that sweet sweet double bubble kit +_+;;

2m1s Sub Save
1m Swim
6s Bomb Range
2s Damage

Vera nice burst bomb berserker build, though in the aerospray's case I'd maybe ditch the damage ups in exchange for some more sub saver or ink recovery.
Sadly, damage up does next to nothing for the aerospray (it'll help your fall-off damage maybe?)

Also don't forget to try out a kraken abuse setup if you are a fan of chasing down your doomed enemies =p
Something like
-2 swim mains (or 6 subs) because most people typically splash in swim speed into all of their builds
-Allllllll them special weapon abilities; tenacity if you are good at staying alive, special saver if you aren't and super jump to the tower like me =p, special charge up because aerospray makes your special weapon a sub weapon, special duration to make me rage when your kraken lasts longer than its supposed to. They all work =D

Oh, and run speed is nifty on aerosprays in general, since you run sometimes to make up for its uh, "unique accuracy"

Random advice that no one asked for, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

PS: Don't forget squiddos, if you are 12 or under, be sure to get your parents permission before trying out the new Aerospray, rated PG ;P

Last edited:

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Yeah the 2 damage subs are needed to make a burst bomb direct + indirect kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom