• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nozzlenose Questions.

DragonEldest

Inkling
So I've been using the Nozzlenose H-3 with varying success and I have a few questions for professionals about it. Fist off, is it considered long-range or mid-range because it has a high range for the kind of gun it is. Also, for ranked mode, should I use the Suction Bombs or the Point Sensors? I have been using the bombs but I want know which would be better. Thanks in advanced.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l'd say it's a long range shooter. It's only outranged by Jet Squelcher and Rapid Blaster Pro in the shooter category so you should definitely try to capitalize on it. As for the best kit, suction bombs are always useful but point sensors might be the best fit. This is a weapon that requires perfect aiming more than any other shooter. Anything that helps you getting a better shot at your opponent is a massive help, and obviously you're going to use point sensors far more often than echolocator. Plus you can't go wrong with inkzooka.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
The Point Sensor variant looks a little better since it has the Inkzooka, which transitions well with the Main Weapon. The Suction Bomb, vanilla version looks quite tactical and requires some patience to use.

The weapon is considered mid-long range. It sits at 68 out of 100 in the range spectrum.

Hawk Seow

Pro Squid
NNID
Hawk-Seow
So I've been using the Nozzlenose H-3 with varying success and I have a few questions for professionals about it. Fist off, is it considered long-range or mid-range because it has a high range for the kind of gun it is. Also, for ranked mode, should I use the Suction Bombs or the Point Sensors? I have been using the bombs but I want know which would be better. Thanks in advanced.

Personally I'd classify it as close-mid range if you're going to engage in battles. The amount of travel time the shots take from it's furthest sweet spot is simply too long.

I mentioned close range because if you manage to swim up to a squid unawares, firing off your salvo into that squid is a guaranteed kill and has the least possibility of any of the 3 pellets missing. At least in my experience, rapidly swimming up to a surprised enemy and unloading 3 pellets into him is sometimes way more effective than playing the 'fire and miss' game whereby you get jumped by a second enemy squid or simply get out-maneuvered by said enemy.

At long range (well, close range too actually), any squid worth his salt will be moving about so fast when he spots you that you might end up hitting him with 1 pellet per shot. I don't think I have to explain why that's a bad thing...

H-3 is good at supporting teams thanks to suction bombs (wonderful on Tower Control) and Echolocator shouldn't have to be explained...although cold-blooded is a major PITA. H-3D on the other hand is more of a 'hunter-type' variant where you'll be actively gunning down lone squids. The weapon simply isn't designed to allow you to handle more than 1 squid at a time properly.

As a comparison, if you want an actually good mid-long range weapon with the objective of splatting, either of the Bamboozlers outshine the H-3 completely in this area.

As a little tip, get at least one throw range up for suction bombs if you're playing on Moray Towers, otherwise you have no way of harassing E-Liters at all.

P.S. I wouldn't call myself a professional H-3 user, but I did spend a great deal of time messing with it in Turf Wars (particularly the H-3 variant) and these are my general thoughts on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom