• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octarians... but no Octolings?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
OCTOUPRISING.png

Amidst the sold out Zelda's, the lack of bubbler/kraken replacement specials, and the announcement of Nintendo following microsoft and playstation, resorting to paid online gameplay.

And NO CALLIE?!?

I noticed something else in your splatoon trailer...

I see the Octarians... but where are the octolings?

You shown us that you are doing new hairstyles for squids, even using a style that I saw as suggested hairstyle for male octolings. We're just a squid form and slight eyestyle change away!~ (´・ω・`)

The playable octoling hype will never die while I'm still around. =P

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
If only... I would love to see it happen as would many others. We haven't seen them PERIOD so maybe the Octoling forces have parted ways with the greater Octarian Rule? Or maybe they will have a role in the campaign which is ALSO SO INKREDIBLY HYPE AHHHHHH.

HySquid

Full Squid
NNID
mob362
They are probably in a different stage/place in the trailer.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Yeah, I know its a pretty minor detail that probably means nothing.

Butt still =P
Hey, in stories minor details can mean a lot. Ain't no reason to throw it out just yet. I think it's an intentional act on Nintendo's part to hint at SOMETHING.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Alot of people are speculating the Octoling as being an unlock, meaning that if they bring back the single player campaign (and if they do, I hope it's better than Octo Valley, because honestly that was the worst part of Splatoon because of how long and tedious the platforming segments could be in that) that that may be the final unlock or something, or that they may implement DLC into Spla2n. Or it could just not be in the game at all, can't tell for sure, everything said about it so far is either a rumor or just speculation.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Either way, that is likely why is doesn't appear in the trailer because they either wanna keep it secret and not spoil a new unlock or it just isn't in the game or hasn't been implemented into the game as of yet

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Either way, that is likely why is doesn't appear in the trailer because they either wanna keep it secret and not spoil a new unlock or it just isn't in the game or hasn't been implemented into the game as of yet
Honestly I've been thinking the same things. I hope that it becomes available, if not as an unlock then as DLC. I will pay for that.

Honestly if they don't implement it, then it will tempt people to hack it in. It's just better both ways for them to just give us the darn cuties. I don't care if they don't have different hairstyles or anything, I just NEED IT.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Honestly I've been thinking the same things. I hope that it becomes available, if not as an unlock then as DLC. I will pay for that.

Honestly if they don't implement it, then it will tempt people to hack it in. It's just better both ways for them to just give us the darn cuties. I don't care if they don't have different hairstyles or anything, I just NEED IT.
To be fair, while the design change would be nice going from squid to octopus, I do believe that would be the only difference, which is fine. It's not like stats or equipment would change depending on which character model you choose to use, and I have a feeling majority of people would use the octoling skin simply because it's the new thing and people wanted it in the original. Whether or not Nintendo decides to go the extra mile to implement it is up to them, but it doesn't seem like that would be too difficult of a thing to implement either, since for the most part it would be just re-using old assets but designing them around a new template model. Though it would add a lot more to the game if they did do that this time around and would make fans very pleased with the addition.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hoping they'll end up playable, this was definitely one of the most requested features (at least as far as I'm aware). They are likely just not shown off in the campaign yet, though.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
Octolings will probably be in the game maybe at some point in the story you team up with them and when you do you unlock them to use online

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Octolings will probably be in the game maybe at some point in the story you team up with them and when you do you unlock them to use online
Doubt that would be the case. It would conflict with the story of the first game and how the Octolings stole the Zapfish to power the Great Octoweapons in an attempt to take down Inkopolis for the Inklings winning the Great Turf War (not a spoiler because Cuttlefish literally says that at the beginning of the game). I'm sticking to my theory that the Octoling skin will be either a final unlock or a DLC.

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
I think that they WILL appear some point in the game, it's just that it hasn't been revealed. It would be great if they could use rollers and chargers as well. I have a feeling there main weapon will be the dualies

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just another tiny bread-crumb... but

New spawn points shoot out steam, if you watch a video.

Kettle technology, said to have been made by octarians in one of the sunken scrolls.

Steam kettle transport only seen in Octo-Valley in Splatoon 1

Above tweet says the new spawn point is foreign made

Trade with Octolings?

Better octoling relations?

Competitive turf wars between octolings and inklings?!?

Playable octolings

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I KNEW THAT THE SPAWN POINT WAS A KETTLE BUT NEVER PUT 2 and 2 TOGETHER

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, playable octolings still just a hope, this probably just ties into world building.

But I'll take that extra breadcrumb of hope gosh dernit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom