• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Gorge RPG

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
- Inkwell Entry -

The fall had been a long and unexpected drop into a dark gorge. There was no ink to soften your impact with the rocky bottom. It's cold and dark, but hardly silent. One by one, you hear increasingly chilling sounds echo throughout the cavern. First, a train derailing. Then the wail of metal mangling as a structure collapses. Finally, what you can only assume is the dying scream of some other unfortunate soul hits your ears. Steeling yourself, you pull your flashlight out of your bag and wave it around until you find an opening that leads deeper underground.
You can't get out the way you came.
Your only option lies ahead.
You have to get out of this place.

------------------------------------------------

STARTING PLAYER: Parallax
3 HOURS AFTER FALLING

Your flashlight is still functioning, but the battery may not last forever.
You notice two Inklings lying on the ground not far from you.
They must have fallen down too.
They seem to be unconscious.​

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Owwww..." Parallax says sitting up and rubbing his head. "What happened?"He says looking around, picking up the working flashlight that he just saw. "Oh my god!" Two more inklings are laying on the ground next to me. He rushes over to them taking there pulse. He gives a sigh of relief seeing that their alive just unconscious. There's not much to do but wait. He sits back down looking up at the very far away sky.

Action: wait for the others to wake up
(Is the action format right?)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
The light green Inkling began to wake from unconsciousness, bringing a hand to his head. Turning the other Inkling was around, he manages to weakly say, "W-who are you...?"

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"What the-" He says jumping back and forming a protective barrier around him. Seeing that the other inkling was confused and was no danger, he lowered his cube shield, but made a dagger in his left hand just in case. "Well I'm Parallax" he says. "But who the heck are you?" He questions cautiously.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Andrew, who was starting to regain full body balance began stand up. Frowning at the other boy's defensive reaction he sarcastically replies, "My name is Andrew. Do you point a knife at every person you meet, Parallax?"

Playing with a fringe of Inkling hair in his Bobble Cap, he looked around the area, trying to determine what the place was.

"
Do you by any chance know what this place is?" He asked Parallax, brushing dust off his clothes.

@Agent Z @Yin_

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Frowning Parallax shakes his head. "No I don't think I do know where we are other than very lost and below ground." He says making the knife disappear. "Though I'm preety sure that we need to wait for our other friend to get up." Pointing at the other inkling. "I haven't had a person to talk to in so long, except for the people that I've killed." Earning a questionable look from the other inkling. "Ah don't worry about it." Parallax says shaking his head and smiling. "While we wait for our friend to wake up, why don't we learn more about each other?" He says pointing the other inkling again. "I mean, what else is there to do" He says spreading his arm around at the surrounding area.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Andrew silently stared at the other boy. He didn't know where they were at all, or why they were here. He wasn't exactly sure whether he should trust Parallax, and the fact that Parallax told him that he killed others made him nervous.

"Ok..." Andrew replied. "I have a twin brother named Lucas. He has a problem with his his body developing like everyone elses." He started.
@Yin_ @Agent Z

(I thought that third guy wasn't in. Who is that third person?)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"I've never had a brother before. I was kicked out of my family before I could really get to know them." Paralax says, a sad look on his face. "In fact, I don't really remember my family at all. When I was kicked out, I had to fend for myself. It's a dark world out there, and I was in some of the darkest parts." Parallax pulls up one of his pant leg partly, revealing long scars snaking around his leg. "Ya see that? That was from a fight I had not too long back actually." He says rolling his pant leg back down again. "Have you ever been in a street fight? There's no rules, so ya got to use whatever dirty tricks ya got. Though I do hate to say some of those people never walked again. Ya remember seeing that one guy that was on the news with 2 broken arms? He tried to take money from me when I was in my own home. I gave him a chance to back out, be he kept attacking. And I kept defending unroll he called me a coward, then, well......" He says shaking his head sadly. "Ya know what? Never mind" Paralax says laying down.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Andrew was a bit glad that he had taken some acting classes, as he managed to pull of a convincing poker face at Parallax's story.

"I see." Was all that he said. He didn't know exactly what to tell the other boy, since he hadn't been in a fight where he could kill someone. There were fight's between him and Lucas, but those were the kind that would be seen in a cartoon.
@Yin_

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"So I'm thinking our friend should wake up soon. " Yin says. "Cause you woke up about an hour after I woke up, so I'm guessing that see will wake up preety soon." Yin says creating a stack of books. "If you want to do anything, just ask. I'll make it for ya. " Yin says grabbing the top book and opening it. "If you want it to not feel normal, just ask. I got used to the feeling of my own geometric creations after a while"

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
[Please be advised that any special abilities that would make survival easier is strictly prohibited in this RP. Books is one thing, but anything like a weapon or other piece of equipment will result in your character's immediate death]

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
The ground shakes for a brief moment, but in that short time, the rumbling seems to have disturbed something from deeper inside the gorge. Crazed rambling can be heard from deep inside the chasm, and it almost seems like the walls are coming alive. This room could cave in at any moment.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Andrew was about to ask Parallax how did he manage to pull the books he had out of nowhere when he felt the ground shake.

"Uh oh..." He managed to stammer out. "Quick! Find a way for us to get outta this place!" He says worriedly, looking around desperately.
@Yin_

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Another opening in the the room appears as a previously unseen passage is revealed. A shadowy figure holding a flare calls to you. Their voice has a light Octarian accent to it.
"You two! Follow me quickly!"
There is only enough time to choose one passageway.

[OOC]
The figure mentioned is one of the NPCs you'll meet in Octo Gorge. This is also a moment where your choices will impact the flow of the story. Characters are not required to stay together, and while one may choose to follow the stranger, the other may choose to go out the other way. Or you may choose to do nothing, in which case you'll die. Or you'll both choose to stick together. Just know that there isn't always a "right" choice.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Hefting the other inkling over his shoulder, Parallax ran to the octoling not trusting her at all but anywhere was better than this. "Cmon! No time like the present!" He says running into the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom