• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octobrush Nouveau: Analysis and Thoughts

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Question: have you tried using Bomb Range Up? I found that it's a great way to give the Splat Bombs a ranged option while the Special Meter is still charging.
I haven't, I mainly just use bombs as distractions to break up their line so I can approach. Helpful to pressure the tower in TC too, but I'm usually thick in the action anyway and wouldn't need the range.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Yes! For... you know... science.
For science. ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
I haven't, I mainly just use bombs as distractions to break up their line so I can approach. Helpful to pressure the tower in TC too, but I'm usually thick in the action anyway and wouldn't need the range.
I see. It would be better on some maps than others of course.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
lol sorry I was just really excited for this weapon. Ok so as a player who loves offensive approaches, this weapon has everything. Spreads ink really well and has the proper tools necessary to fight against ranged weapons. Someone hiding behind a wall and know you are aiming to nail them with your brush? Consider themselves splatted. Chuck a splat bomb to flush em out or distract them and smack them from behind! Sniper troubles? No problem! Build up dat special meter and obliterate them with your inkzooka! This thing has it all. Range and strong close combat.[/QUOTE]

Azure J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AzureJay89
Just want to make a small addition to my previous post; Bomb Range Up is really really good for this. I've found a strange amount of success from sneaking bombs into passages and rushing opponents from the other side leading to mind games where they either run into the bomb or die from a successful ambush. Having one bomb toss up main's worth enhances the number of ways you can use these placements (especially on stages with no/little ceilings in the way) and is also fun to displace chargers from usual spots while running about. I have some footage I'll get up demonstrating this from tower control earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom