• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

octolings what are there fates?

Scarlient

Full Squid
if you clicked on this because of the noises at the end of boss battles then sorry this is about what will happen to octolings will they be playable or will there be more in the story or are they gone and out of the minds of the creators?

please tell me what you think

Last edited by a moderator:

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
Playable octolings would be good. Maybe it could happen in a patch, or a sequel if one gets made eventually.
But it does look like they made piece, hopefully even getting help with their energy troubles.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
With their aggressive leader subdued, my guess is that the Octarians will return to more peaceful ways, as shown in the credits. Maybe they will move into Inkopolis, making some compromise with the Inklings and sharing the much needed energy sources like the Great Zapfish.

Here's hoping as they adjust to their new home, the Octolings will decide to put their fighting skills to good use in Turf Wars! ^^

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
Prison camps where inklings perform science experiments on them until they are released with death. With next to nothing to eat for three meals forcing them to make clothes and weapons in factories with inklings on watch prepared to kill anything that moves. The oldest octolings will be forced to be test targets for guns as they are useless for making new items.They will be milked of their inks to make new ink for weapons or colored clothing. If any octolings attempt to escape or rebel they will suffer their decisions by being shoot by the local inkling militia with the other octolings watching. This will keep continuing unless the giant zapfish gets stolen and can no longer power the city/

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I assume they may eventually be playable later, or at least were planned. Not holding my breathe but I'd definitely love to have that included. Story wise, I'm not actually sure. I think the caves just.. caved in on them. Dark, I know.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Knowing Nintendo and the nature of their more light-hearted games, I can see the Octorians making peace with the Inklings, now that the aggressive and vengeful Lord Octavio is being confined.

Yes, the backstory, as delivered by the Sunken Scrolls, is dark and a little depressing at some parts.
But the story-pat that is actually played out and not just shown, is more humorous and playful.
It's such a big contrast and I love it.

And tbh, both Cuttlefish and even more so Octavio, are really edgy individuals for me.
If it weren't for them, Iinklings and Octorians probably would've gotten along so much better.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
They probably just made peace with the Inklings. And possibly caught their own Great Zapfish at some point (unless DJ Octavio keeps re-stealing Inkopolis's every time you go to fight him, in which case WHY IS THERE NO SECURITY ON THAT THING IT POWERS YOUR CITY YOU MORONS IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT).
Hopefully playable Octolings will be a thing, either in a future patch or a sequel.
And now I'm wondering what a male Octoling's hair looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom