Octolings?

Aracily

Inkster Jr.
I keep hearing stuff that now what was hackable might be actually playable. Idk if it's true but how would it work. Octoling males? Lol what about that. Idk if there was a thread already made but I'm just curious as heck because the octolings are 10x more badass imo

Nin10doUltra

Full Squid
NNID
Nin10doUltra
Who knows? We might get Octolings playable in the future. Let's say Fall update in October. Ha get it Octolings in October :^)

DarthGogeta

Inkling
Seems like the Octolings in that video have fully functioning tentacles in Octopus form, and their hair has some bounce to it and isn't entirely stiff. They also drowned and to my knowledge, Octolings don't drown in Splatoon (I might be wrong here but I've never seen 'em do that).

I'm so hyped for this. :D

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Do note they were shown through hacking the game and they are in a unfinished state.
It probably points to them being playable but don't set your hopes too high unless Nintendo announces them being playable.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Noire is right. While the hacks are showing that Octolings are officially a thing, they are not playable by normal means just yet. I'll admit that I'm excited to see what will come out of this, but it's wait and see until Nintendo says, "Hey, we have a new race available now in our update!" Maybe not in that unprofessional way, but you get the gist.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I hope octoling females and males get added soon more ways to customize your avatar is always good.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm just wondering what they'll do about the Hair seeping through hats issue.
They could pull off another "Male Inkling Tentacle Disappearing Act" ;)
Probably why it's taking so long for them to release them. Aesthetically, it would look odd for the "hair" to just disappear so they probably created a mesh for each possible hat outcome in the game and coming in with the update.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'm just wondering what they'll do about the Hair seeping through hats issue.
My best guess? A separate model depicting the tentacles poking a bit out of the headgear. Octolings seem to have become popular by accident, so they likely never even considered making them playable.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
My best guess? A separate model depicting the tentacles poking a bit out of the headgear. Octolings seem to have become popular by accident, so they likely never even considered making them playable.
Yeah. Accidental popularity is great, isn't it? In truth, The concept with them was unknown to me till recently. Then again, I really haven't partook of the story mode yet so... yeah.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
In truth, the only October fest I'm looking forward to is Oktoberfest beer. Maybe some Sam Adams brand, or something German.

Though the OCTO-tober will be nice too in Splatoon~ May have some Oktoberfest while I play.

Reactions: Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom