• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatfest trailer

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Oh my gawd, that looks so cool! The atmosphere looks so fantastic, and all the character's dancing was just hilarious.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Im looking so forward to it :3 too bad that the EU splatfest is at 27th T_T takes so long....

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very awesome! Can't wait! :D

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Those gifs animated in the Splatoon art style look amazing :)

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
Im looking so forward to it :3 too bad that the EU splatfest is at 27th T_T takes so long....
About that it seems that everybody else's Splatfests are from morning to evening of the next day but ours seems to have only one day listed, no times.

eli

Senior Squid
NNID
frozenpandaman
this is a FANTASTIC trailer

i can't wait for all the inklings to be jammin' out to the music

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Ah dude. The best song in the game. I wish they would let me dance at work.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I'm sure your inkling will be getting down in other people's plazas

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I loved this trailer! Was very energetic, had great animation, and the music was as always fantastic! Makes me so pumped for splat fests!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Loving the way everything glows in the dark. Also love the atmosphere and dancing. Too cute.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
HYPE ENGAGED
This trailer looks great! Wonder if the stages'll all look dark like that during Splatfests, or if it's just for the trailer. It's a cool look, so I hope it stays.
Maybe that stage in the trailer'll be released during one of the Splatfests (the one that's not Kelp Dome; not sure that can be done, but if it can I hope it does, it looks like a neat stage).
And hey, Inklings dancing in the street. That's nice too.

Wait... If the Squid Sisters are on those stages in the plaza, who's gonna do the updates when you turn on your console?
I notice Bluefin Depot
Where did you see it?

Last edited:

VZ_Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jefferson1234
Splatfest should've been a global event.... Love the atmosphere!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This trailer looks great! Wonder if the stages'll all look dark like that during Splatfests, or if it's just for the trailer. It's a cool look, so I hope it stays.
All the available stages are going to be in the night, judging from promotional material from the Japanese Splatoon Twitter alone. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's only going to be for the event itself.

Maybe that stage in the trailer'll be released during one of the Splatfests (the one that's not Kelp Dome; not sure that can be done, but if it can I hope it does, it looks like a neat stage).
Yeah, I'm hoping too! That stage looks to be pretty exciting!

And hey, Inklings dancing in the street. That's nice too.
Can't wait to hear about my dance moves on other people's plazas!

Wait... If the Squid Sisters are on those stages in the plaza, who's gonna do the updates when you turn on your console?
I'm pretty sure they've pre-recorded all their stage updates for the event.

This was a japanese trailer. The squid kids stuff came from NA. We could very well still hear that anywhere in advertising.
Man, I can imagine what the commercials would be like already.

"...You're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a cat now! You're a dog now! You're a cat you're a dog you're a cat you're a dog..."

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
All the available stages are going to be in the night, judging from promotional material from the Japanese Splatoon Twitter alone. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's only going to be for the event itself.
Aww, but it's so pretty!
Well, at least there'll be more of these.

I'm pretty sure they've pre-recorded all their stage updates for the event.
Ah, that's fine too.
For some reason I dreamed that Judd did a broadcast when I took a catnap earlier. It was purrfect.

Man, I can imagine what the commercials would be like already.

"...You're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a cat now! You're a dog now! You're a cat you're a dog you're a cat you're a dog..."
Imagine that with some of the other Splatfest topics:
"You're a Pop now! You're a Rock now! You're a Pop you're a Rock you're a Pop you're a Rock you're a Rice now! You're a Bread now! You're a Rice you're a Bread you're a Rice you're a Bread..."
Okay, that last one might not work so well,
I'm just hoping a Kid vs Squid Splatfest happens at some point (maybe US-exclusive, maybe not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom