Official Splatoon videos showing high level gameplay (JPN)

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
It's going to be very interesting to see which maps develop which variation of gameplay. Maps with a central pillar will definitely encourage full-on attack, straight to the middle to claim the high ground and keep the enemy back, while flat maps may have more players spending time filling in gaps behind their line since there's no major tactical target everyone (particularly snipers) aims for.

Threevenge

Inkling
NNID
threevenge
New one for the .52 Gal

Analysis:
Holding the choke point while your teammates paint the back is a smart idea, but it looks like she got a little too passive there. Letting herself get pushed back where she could no longer choke with the Splash Wall, not good.

That perfectly timed moving platform Killer Wail skillshot. Niiiice.

I figured out watching for the Super Jump icon to ambush them during the Testfire myself, such a devious move, though I mainly used Splat Bombs to do so since it's an OHKO as long as you time it right. Could the Splash Wall also work for that if you sit it dead center on the indicator?

Trying to hold the choke point again, but completely failing to notice Blue was already behind you and painted the whole back area. This is why you gotta pay attention to the map!
This video didn't impress me as much as the others. The Splash Wall might have more versatility than I originally thought after seeing this video though.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Looks very cool, I really want to try this weapon out. Not sure about that sub though. Looks like it just highlights opponents for when they try to hide/flee? Doesn't seem terribly useful when you could just shoot 'em first. Hopefully this weapon has a reskin or two with different loadouts, 'cause I'm not digging that.

Not really seeing much to comment on in the match itself either.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Looks very cool, I really want to try this weapon out. Not sure about that sub though. Looks like it just highlights opponents for when they try to hide/flee? Doesn't seem terribly useful when you could just shoot 'em first. Hopefully this weapon has a reskin or two with different loadouts, 'cause I'm not digging that.

No. Just No, The Disruptor is a debuff. Any inkling caught in its effect radius will have their movement speed and other attributes lowered for about five seconds. In a game where you can maneuver quickly as a squid this comes in mighty handy for kills, retreats, and assists. The visual effect is simply there to indicate that they're currently under the effects of the poison. Did you even bother to look at what the disruptor actually is? You're literally throwing a bottle filled with poison when you use it.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Ah, had no idea how it worked. Still, when you've got an OHKO weapon with a nice blast radius, seems like you might as well just shoot them.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord

I believe the disruptor makes it so it is like they are walking on enemy ink no matter where they go but a little less intrusive. (Basically it lowers speed and all abilities of whoever was in range)

The Point Sensor is the one that just tags enemies in range.
Edit: I was too late lol.
Ah, had no idea how it worked. Still, when you've got an OHKO weapon with a nice blast radius, seems like you might as well just shoot them.
I think the point is the disruptor has slightly larger range and can take care of a group easier.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
It helps you catch fleeing enemies (like seriously you move as slow as a freakin sea slug with it on you) without making you have to advance closer into enemy territory to take 'em out. Also, it can reveal hidden opponents. Which is why I question the Point Sensor's use.... I mean I guess you can see people through walls, and it points enemies out to teammates as well, but... IDK.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
So the Blaster shots expodes after a time, interesting...
So that means being on a perfect distance matters, or hitting your target dead on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom