Offline Splatoon Tournaments?

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
How do you play Splatoon offline with others? You mean like Battle Dojo?

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
I personally would love to see some battle dojo turnys. It would be nice if it caught on and Nintendo expanded the mode to include all the maps and weapons. I really don't see why it can't have them, it has bothered me ever since the updates started. Also, they made such a big deal about the "construction" going on in Urchin Underpass, but if you go to battle dojo all of the sudden it's all back to the way it was. It's like they forgot the mode was even there.

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
Also, why can't we play 1v1 battle dojo online? That would be nice also!

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
I personally would love to see some battle dojo turnys. It would be nice if it caught on and Nintendo expanded the mode to include all the maps and weapons. I really don't see why it can't have them, it has bothered me ever since the updates started. Also, they made such a big deal about the "construction" going on in Urchin Underpass, but if you go to battle dojo all of the sudden it's all back to the way it was. It's like they forgot the mode was even there.
No doubt, with the right support it could probably get set up!

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
1. Fairly expensive cost to run a tournament offline within an acceptable timetable
2. Lack of good way to doctor saves, requiring everyone to bring their own system and set it up every game
3. Player base to small to be able to organize events in most areas
4. Lack of any good encouragement or support from groups that could make it happen (at least nintendo gave us the one router workaround)

That's just a laundry list but you can go more in depth with each. There are also probably more reasons as to why but as someone who has not attempted one I only use what I can think through.

IRL tournaments have been attempted with splatoon. I know of at least 1 that was an abject failure mostly due to lack of setups (point 1 and 2) and setting up issues (point 2 and 4).

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
1. Fairly expensive cost to run a tournament offline within an acceptable timetable
2. Lack of good way to doctor saves, requiring everyone to bring their own system and set it up every game
3. Player base to small to be able to organize events in most areas
4. Lack of any good encouragement or support from groups that could make it happen (at least nintendo gave us the one router workaround)

That's just a laundry list but you can go more in depth with each. There are also probably more reasons as to why but as someone who has not attempted one I only use what I can think through.

IRL tournaments have been attempted with splatoon. I know of at least 1 that was an abject failure mostly due to lack of setups (point 1 and 2) and setting up issues (point 2 and 4).
Nevermind then! Lol

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Nevermind then! Lol
I mean, it is doable. Just not everyone will be able to host it even if they want to do it because you're gonna have to rent or buy a pretty big space and a pretty large number of TVs at the very least. Financially prohibitive. It's the likelihood that you won't get many players IRL because there isn't a huge competitive playerbase that hurts it the most.

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
I mean, it is doable. Just not everyone will be able to host it even if they want to do it because you're gonna have to rent or buy a pretty big space and a pretty large number of TVs at the very least. Financially prohibitive. It's the likelihood that you won't get many players IRL because there isn't a huge competitive playerbase that hurts it the most.
Ya, like this is the first time I've come across someone wanting an offline tournament, so there's definitely a painfully small percentage of players who'd want this.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Ya, like this is the first time I've come across someone wanting an offline tournament, so there's definitely a painfully small percentage of players who'd want this.
no, I think most people want it, but people are generally spaced out and I don't think there are very many if any areas where a big enough concentration of players are for it to be a success.

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
no, I think most people want it, but people are generally spaced out and I don't think there are very many if any areas where a big enough concentration of players are for it to be a success.
OOOoooooh I see what you're saying!!!! that's too bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom