On the Same Wavelength

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Have you ever had a match with some other squid, and you two just clicked? Most likely, you have and that's what this thread is for. Sharing that time you and someone else were on the same wavelength, leading you to victory. For example:

I just recently had a match at Arowana with a Bento charger on my team, and we were getting spawn camped hard. I finally made the decision to sneak from the side and invade the enemy's base. I had made it all the way to their base, when the charger decided to super jump over. At that moment, someone else on the opposing team respawn. The charger and I had the same thought, and waited for them to swim away. As soon as they swam away, it was like a countdown went down. 3-2-1-GO! We both went crazy, inking their entire base. Of course, the other team noticed and started jumping back. It wasn't long before my charger pal got corner by three enemy squids. As soon as I saw that, I Krakened, jumped over the gap, and splatted two of them. The third one managed to splat me but I took him down with me. The charger booyahed like crazy and waited for me to super jump back. We continued to have each other's back until the matched ended. We had managed to win because me and the charger had cause the other team to have to come back to their base, which allowed our other two teammates to re-ink our base. It was amazing!

Sadly, they left the lobby after that match but it was a memorable battle. So share your experiences!

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Yeah. At the final Splatfest it happened a couple of times. Shared about 10 rounds with the guys. It felt so cool to KNOW someone had my back. I hope they felt the same way.

Connor and Caleb Roy....if you're out there: Shouts and thanks again

Last edited:

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Man, I just play solo queue, so being on the same page doesn’t happen very often. There was this one time…

We were playing RM on Port Mackerel, and we were behind by a good chunk. We had pushed into their base, just before the level narrows down before you get to the podium. I had my usual “infinity” swim speed up build for RM, but two of our teammates had just been splatted and there was nothing but enemy ink all around, plus the fact that all four of the other team was in the area.

My last teammate hits “common”, and I’m just hoping he has something planned because I’m carrying the RM and am about to get KO’d. Then my one true dream comes true, and he pops a Kraken, but instead of trying to kill the enemies, he heads to the podium at top speed. I follow behind in his ink trail and we leave the enemy behind making it all the way to the podium. I got killed when we were down to 1 on the push, but it won us the game.

Finally, a Japanese brother from another mother who pushes the objective with total disregard for his KDR just like I do! We won the game, and my only regret is that I never saw that dude again.

It’s a rare and sweet thing to be on the same page as a squid that you can’t communicate with.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Man, I just play solo queue, so being on the same page doesn’t happen very often. There was this one time…

We were playing RM on Port Mackerel, and we were behind by a good chunk. We had pushed into their base, just before the level narrows down before you get to the podium. I had my usual “infinity” swim speed up build for RM, but two of our teammates had just been splatted and there was nothing but enemy ink all around, plus the fact that all four of the other team was in the area.

My last teammate hits “common”, and I’m just hoping he has something planned because I’m carrying the RM and am about to get KO’d. Then my one true dream comes true, and he pops a Kraken, but instead of trying to kill the enemies, he heads to the podium at top speed. I follow behind in his ink trail and we leave the enemy behind making it all the way to the podium. I got killed when we were down to 1 on the push, but it won us the game.

Finally, a Japanese brother from another mother who pushes the objective with total disregard for his KDR just like I do! We won the game, and my only regret is that I never saw that dude again.

It’s a rare and sweet thing to be on the same page as a squid that you can’t communicate with.
You and I would get along well. My team usually wins TC if Im in any other map except Moray. My KDs are getting better too but its all due to riding the tower and knowing when to get off. pop some people with the luna blaster then get back on.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
One time during a splatfest i found some very cool teammates. All over our weapons mixed perfectly and we won like 15 matches in a row it was amazing.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
This isn’t really a game-winning feat or anything, but the other day, I was playing Turf War on Hammerhead Bridge using a Run Speed Up N’ZAP. The enemy team also had one of those, and they opted to run straight to our base as soon as the match started.

I respawned and saw they had messed up our base pretty bad. My Aerospray MG teammate was there too, freshly respawned, and we both attacked the N’ZAP. Unfortunately, we went down, but I managed to get the trade. My teammate sent a single "Nice", and I responded with a single "Nice" as well. And he did it again, and I did it again, about five times each. By then he had actually respawned and was now saying "To me" as I was about to head back into the fray. I stopped and looked back, and he was standing there spamming squid form. I did the same and we had a (very) brief party, but since I actually wanted to play, I left quickly. He understood and followed me.

Back into the battle, we met the troublesome N’ZAP again. My ally was splatted, but I avenged him, this time without trading. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the details very well after that, but I think we somehow encountered the N’ZAP a third time and we both survived. We ended up winning the match by a very narrow margin. I wanted to stay in the lobby to mess around with my Aerospray pal some more, but unfortunately I left the lobby by reflex. Sorry, friend :(

Popping a Kraken with the Rainmaker right behind me is one of my absolute favorite things to do, even more so when this actually gets us the lead! I love being on the other side of this as well. I just wish people did this more often.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Yeah. At the final Splatfest it happened a couple of times. Shared about 10 rounds with the guys. It felt so cool to KNOW someone had my back. I hope they felt the same way.

Connor and Caleb Roy....if you're out there: Shouts and thanks again
Splatfest is when I usually meet the coolest of squids. I actually have named a few of my Splatoon OCs after some squids I meet during them. Man, I miss Splatfest. :(

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After I first hit S+ rank, and now even in S rank, I've had a lot of coodination success in solo ranked simply by respecting the "c'mon!/to me!" signal.

Far far from the land of belittling your teammates by spamming it when they mess up, people actually use c'mon when they think another squid can really make a play for the objective =0

I won't soon forget the very first time this happened to me(as it was my second match in S+).

Rainmaker on bluefin depot, the game had been pretty stalemate for the first 3 minutes.
We finally manage to wipe the other team, I signal c'mon to my teammates after we burst the sheild as I had my killer wail charged.
One guy grabs it, and the other two ink our way up to the ramp grate leading to the goal, just as we make it to the top my teammate signals c'mon so I pop out my killer wail just as he does the same. Our two wails combined keep the respawning squids in and anysquids trying to come down out.

As if that wasn't enough the last squid without the gold fish pops out his inkzooker and it's a cake walk for our carrier.

Tutorial Complete

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
I always feel like I click with other players when I superjump into a crowded area and they defend me. The other way around too. I just feel like it takes trust and faith in your teammates to defend them instead of leaving them to spam ZR and hope they don't get splatted on impact.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I always feel like I click with other players when I superjump into a crowded area and they defend me. The other way around too. I just feel like it takes trust and faith in your teammates to defend them instead of leaving them to spam ZR and hope they don't get splatted on impact.
Oh man, since most S/S+ rankers are wise to sprinkler/beacon bait, nothing brings em out onto the chopping block quite like a delicious super jump circle
...just be careful of well timed gernades xD

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only times I can recall I've had this happen were Splatfest (since teams don't get scrambled as much). Last splatfest I went on a roll by the end of the second day with a team where we kinda all had some sort of role to play that we "agreed upon" unintentionally (me being the backline as always). Everyone went their way and from time to time went to help each other, almost in perfect harmony. The cooperation and coordination was so well made that once 2 of my teammates left we had a losing match where everyone but me went on the offensive and got splatted by a Dynamo repeatedly (I don't think that Dynamo ever moved an inch from his position). Aside of that I've had quite a few matchups where after the third or fourth game together we didn't accidentally ink the same areas at the start ;)

But overall I usually tend to go well with almost any teams since I play defensively nearly all the time and a lot of my teammates end up going full or half-full on the offensive. Now that I think about it, I haven't watched any recent competitive games, but I wonder if there's any team that has some sort of dedicated defensive role in their lineup o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom