• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One-Time Abilities

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I think ink resistance up is a better replacement for stealth super jump because when you have the paint under you, you really take so much low damage.
Also with squid movement up super jump will be useless.
this is my opinion
that isn't necessarily true because you need to be able to move from point a to point b, or jump. You gotta have both parts available. I see what you are saying though.

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
that isn't necessarily true because you need to be able to move from point a to point b, or jump. You gotta have both parts available. I see what you are saying though.
mmh understand so for gal with research bomb, is it good to have squid movement, ink damage low and quick respawn as main ability or i need chage something?

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
mmh understand so for gal with research bomb, is it good to have squid movement, ink damage low and quick respawn as main ability or i need chage something?
hmm... I am not the best to decide this as I do not use the .52 gal, but maybe someone else can help? This is probably the wrong thread to ask as well. From what I see, it looks pretty good.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Recon: Decent with everything with a inkstrike (just jump in spawn once it charged ; 100% safe as a bonus) ; Still a neat bonus after respawning.
Haunt: Well ; you shouldn't die in the first place + only really matter against a charger
Opening Gambit: Nice for a roller ; still useful for everything else
Last-Ditch Effort: Probably useful if you don't forgot that you have it equipped :P
Comeback: Well...Would be nice if I actually know what it boost after respawning hue
Ninja Squid: It gud ; might need test to see if it really needed but heh
Stealth Super Jump: Good as long as you have something that can fight
Tenacity: Guess it decent?
Bomb Sniffer: Never tried it but look like it pretty much only useful to hard counter ink mine.

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
Recon: Decent with everything with a inkstrike (just jump in spawn once it charged ; 100% safe as a bonus) ; Still a neat bonus after respawning.
Haunt: Well ; you shouldn't die in the first place + only really matter against a charger
Last-Ditch Effort: Probably useful if you don't forgot that you have it equipped :p
Comeback: Well...Would be nice if I actually know what it boost after respawning hue
Bomb Sniffer: Never tried it but look like it pretty much only useful to hard counter ink mine.
and ink resistance up?

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
Stealth jump is REALLY nice to have with a roller, since you can just land on someone from seemingly nowhere and instantly take them out. Useful in general anyway considering the amount of times I've seen people(myself included) get targeted or a mine placed at the landing point just because they can see where they are going to be. Especially nice on maps like underpass where people tend to super jump a lot.

Ninja I don't think is actually quite as useful, for starters it makes you go slower which is a flat out nerf, and the invisibility factor itself isn't extremely useful considering squid is a movement/escape option and less of a stealth tactic. Besides, you're rather hard to see in chaotic situations like mid of warehouse anyway, and most of the times when I see people trying to be stealthy they're standing still waiting for their prey anyway. I guess standoff situations like the low ground midpoint with the box on salt rig(wow that description was awful) can be where ninja proves to be useful thanks to how you force the opponent to guess even further as to where you actually are, but that's just in theory and IMO not quite worth the slower speed and valuable upgrade slot taken.
I feel you're underestimating Ninja Squid.
In direct firefighters, if you go into your ink, the opponent has to guess exactly where you are or are forced to retreat in fear of being killed. This is really huge, as with stealth swimming your opponent can still catch you due to how slow you are moving and you can easily screw up. In addition to this, it allows you to hide on walls which is pretty huge as well, because opponents aren't usually expecting attacks from there.

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
In direct firefighters, if you go into your ink, the opponent has to guess exactly where you are or are forced to retreat in fear of being killed. This is really huge, as with stealth swimming your opponent can still catch you due to how slow you are moving and you can easily screw up. In addition to this, it allows you to hide on walls which is pretty huge as well, because opponents aren't usually expecting attacks from there.
i will try so ninja squid,ninja jump and movement squiid plus. think it will be perfect i think

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
Yeah, ninja definitely has a nice niche, I just don't think it's quite worth the speed decrease and equip slot

Didn't think about hiding in walls though, that might actually by important lol

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Yeah, ninja definitely has a nice niche, I just don't think it's quite worth the speed decrease and equip slot

Didn't think about hiding in walls though, that might actually by important lol
But when you have mini perks countering the speed decrease, it doesn't matter

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
The Speed decrease I doubt is anything significant, considering how insignificant the damage up/defense up skills are. I recall a video of which someone was using Ninja Squid wih two sub swim perks and nobody noticed any slowdown. I think it'll have it's place in the metagame.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
And tenacity is super situational and most games I don't have an afk on my team so I didn't find it too helpful. If you have an afk you are likely to lose anyways if the enemy is even close to being competent, so I don't see the point on wasting an ability for these situations.
Tenacity actually kicks in when you have fewer people alive than the enemy team, not just when someone is AFK/out of the game. It actually activates quite a lot (or at least I see its ability icon ticking constantly) but I don't pay close enough attention to my gauge to see how much its really helping though. My feeling is that it's at least decent, since if you're even or behind there will be plenty of times you will have fewer people up than the enemy team. It's only when you're winning hard when it does nothing for you, but even in those cases I never regret having Tenacity.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Last-Ditch Effort: Probably useful if you don't forgot that you have it equipped :p
bomb sniffer is great! it works on any subs that explode. so you'll easily see that seeker coming, or that bomb thats hidden around the corner about to explode

and ink resistance up?
is freaking amazing. Makes me move at regular walking or almost regular walking speed in enemy ink. Feels like normal, but I think I have a sub speed up for when I'm an inkling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom