• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

OOS-Out of Squid Moves

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
OOS, a term originating from Smash Bros. OOS there, or Out of Shield, is a term for moves that can be directly be used out of shield. A great example is Shulk's air slash, which allows him to get a sneaky kill after a grab. But you guys aren't here for the daily smash terminology, you're here for the freshest information on this ocean of ink! So, I present to you, OOS.

Out of Squid is the same as Smash Bros, which are all the options that can be done out of a squid. And bassicly any option can be done! However, we are looking for the most viable options for this skill. So, with my limited set of weapons, let's try it out!

Splattershot-Able, lethal/useful

Splattershot Jr.-Able, very lethal/useful

.52 Gallon-Able, very lethal/less useful

Standard Roller-Able, very lethal/very useful

Standard Charger-Able, not very lethal/not very useful

Squiffer -Able, somewhat lethal (short charge)/not very useful

Burst Bomb-Able, somewhat lethal/somewhat useful

Splat Bomb-Able, somewhat lethal/very useful

Suction Bomb-Able, somewhat lethal/very useful

Splash Wall-able, not lethal at all/very useful

Sprinkler-Able, not very lethal/very useful

Distruptor-Able, not lethal at all/very useful

Squid Beakon-Able, not lethal at all/somewhat useful

Bomb Rush (related)-Able, very deadly/very useful

Echolocater (related)-Able, not deadly at all/very useful

Kraken-Is a squid

Bubbler-Able, not lethal at all/very useful

Inkzooka-Able, very lethal/somewhat useful

Killer Wail-Somewhat able, somewhat lethal/very limited usefulness

Inkstrike-Somewhat able, very lethal/very useful

Bassicly, use special weapons OOS somewhat frequently, and everything else frequently! That's the basis of OOS, to trick and make your opponents lose turf easy. And as always, stay fresh!

Colgate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
Too bad OoS Standard Roller has so much startup lag XP

Id rather do OoS Bombs

CloneHat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CloneHat
Isn't everything possible to do in squid form? OOS exists as a concept in Smash because your options are limited while in shield.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
^perfect fix and you got yourself some solid shizz @Lapsy143
I put related. I should put related super, however. It's nice to see that people are checking this out and getting some use (maybe).

Update tonight! If I can, I'll be posting the NZap, along with the Jet Squelcher, Aerospray, and Blaster!

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
Well done...

Oos is definitely a huge part of this game. Sitting in ink and holding the area around you by only using oos tactics is critical. moat success I've had is with spamming an area oos with secondary items and staying hidden under the ink. Great defensive tactic

Vespher

Inkling
NNID
Vespher
I've been practicing this tech for some time now. It really helps out when I'm in a bind. I can't count the number of times that I've been able to kill someone while quickly leaving squid form, and its all thanks to knowing what is viable OoS and what isn't.

Xenoda

Inkling
NNID
Xenoda
how can i post dank memes OOS? I keep trying in the plaza but it keeps forcing me into human mode? anyone know?

but really, great writeup man! glad to see the choices this game has

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
I always love it when a roller jumps magnificently out of the ink, like a great white shark out of water, and just drenches the person with ink.
'WOO, he just got SHARKED!'

Favorite OOS kills.

halpenstance

Inkling
I think it's worth mentioning that Kraken out of squid is pretty huge.
Getting a kill with Kraken can sometimes be difficult, since they can run away at just about the same speed as you can chase them. Not only that, but if they dart away and you don't jump, then you miss them entirely.

However, if you manage to rush them down in your ink before they notice, then pop out and immediately Kraken, then you will start your damage jump right away. Any time the Kraken is in the air, it spins and deals damage, regardless of if you specifically jumped. That means Kraken OoS will be able to kill instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom