Opening gambit rework ideas

Level 0 Maid

Inkling
If you were to buff or rework opening gambit, how would you do it?
I would personally like to see it cut the cost of your first special in half alongside its current mobility buffs. That way, you'd be able to do some crazy stuff like rushing Mid and popping a super early Crab Tank to start with mid control on splat zones.
What do you guys think of the idea, and what would you do to rework it yourselves?

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
If you were to buff or rework opening gambit, how would you do it?
I would personally like to see it cut the cost of your first special in half alongside its current mobility buffs. That way, you'd be able to do some crazy stuff like rushing Mid and popping a super early Crab Tank to start with mid control on splat zones.
What do you guys think of the idea, and what would you do to rework it yourselves?
Id like it if your first death gets QR, itll help the opening part of the match which, funnily is where opening gambit struggles

aloevera

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6380-4920-7328
I wish opening gambit were completely reworked into an ability called "berserker".

Remove the buff you get in the first 30 seconds of the match, and in trade, the buff you get for splatting someone can activate at any point of the match, instead of requiring to stack and being permanently gone once it's effective time runs out. It will directly compete with comeback unfortunately, but it'll solve the main reason why opening gambit is so niche in the first place.

Oh and another compensation to make sure its not broken, revert the buff when splatting someone from 15 back to 7.5 seconds, possibly even 10,

Dari

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2230-6009-2248
I don‘t think it needs to be reworked. It‘s an ability where you are pressured into getting kills/assists and need a good opening to maintain that ability. That said, the buff making assists worth 15 seconds (as much as a kill) was more than enough. Buffing special output would make it too much or otherwise people spam zooka/cooler in the first five seconds of a match xD. It‘s well balanced rn so i think theres no need to touch that ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom