Optimal Abilities for Krak-On Splat Roller (post nerf)

Rareware0192

Inkling
NNID
Rareware0192
I'm currently going through the process of completing my Krak-On Splat Roller setup but I'm in a bit of a rut for which abilities I really want to use. The current build I'm trying to aim for is:

Squidvader Cap (Main: Special Charge Up ; Sub: 3x Quick Respawn)
Sky-Blue Squideye (Main: Cold-Blooded ; Sub: 3x Ink Recovery Up)
Red Hi-Tops (Main: Ink Resistance Up ; Sub: 3x Swim Speed Up)

This was the setup I was trying to aim for before the patch that nerfed the weapon, but now that the weapon has sort of changed, should there be other abilities I try to aim for over others?

For the most part I think I'll be sticking with my shirt and shoes, because Cold-Blooded, Ink Resistance Up, and Swim Speed Up are all still very useful, and I'm going with Ink Recovery Up instead of one of the Ink Saver abilities because I use both my main attack and plant a lot of squid beacons often so I'll be able to quickly replenish my meter.

It's just the hat that I'm unsure of. Is Special Charge Up not as important now that there was a nerf to the Kraken as well? Are there other abilities that are much more important? Maybe Damage Ups are good for the roller post patch? These are the abilities I was generally thinking of using if I was going to remove either the Special Charge Up or Quick Respawn:

- Damage Up main or 3x Damage Up subs
- Defense Up main or 3x Defense Up subs
- I heard Quick Super Jump was also useful but never really looked into it, could someone tell me how useful it would be on the weapon?

And also feel free to post the setup you have for your Krak-On Splat Roller, it would really help! Thanks!

Njok

Bouncer
:ability_tenacity:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:+:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Is what I used before the patch and still use. Nothing really changed imo.

Sometimes I switch the head and shirt around which gives me 2 mains/ 6 subs of quick respawn instead of the ink saver and tenacity.

Damage up always was, and still is, great for the roller but I personally prefer to kraken.

Ink resistance isn't that necessary on a roller imo. I used to always wear it on everything but since I swapped it out I barely notice a difference when playing krak on. It is a great ability though, i still use it on pretty much every other weapon (except those that have burst bombs).

Rareware0192

Inkling
NNID
Rareware0192
:ability_tenacity:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:+:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Is what I used before the patch and still use. Nothing really changed imo.

Sometimes I switch the head and shirt around which gives me 2 mains/ 6 subs of quick respawn instead of the ink saver and tenacity.

Damage up always was, and still is, great for the roller but I personally prefer to kraken.

Ink resistance isn't that necessary on a roller imo. I used to always wear it on everything but since I swapped it out I barely notice a difference when playing krak on. It is a great ability though, i still use it on pretty much every other weapon (except those that have burst bombs).
If I was to go with Damage Up, how many mains/3x subs should I put on for it to be useful for the Krak-On Roller?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
If I was to go with Damage Up, how many mains/3x subs should I put on for it to be useful for the Krak-On Roller?
Each main/sub just slightly increases kill range, so there is no optimal amount. Go with whatever feels comfortable.

My set just focuses on spamming Kraken in ranked, so I use a lot of Special Charge and Special Saver.

:head_eye004::ability_tenacity:+:ability_specialsaver::ability_inksavermain::ability_specialsaver:
Armor Jacket Replica :ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_defenseup::ability_specialsaver:

:shoes_sht003: :ability_specialduration:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed: OR Squid Girl Shoes :ability_swimspeed:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_inksavermain::ability_specialcharge:

Rael

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rael303
Ever saw Mrpmri's stream? He's probably the most impressive japanese Krack-On Roller user (on twitch, at least). Anyway this is his gear:

Straw Hat = :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_amb002: = :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
shoes_first = :ability_specialsaver::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Most of his success definitely comes from Quick Respaw: being the roller itself a weapon that trades a lot, it gives you an advantage on that. The thing comboes with Quick Super Jump (for beacons also) and Special Saver. Swim Speed is obvious for roller movement during attacks and Kraken.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
my build that got me to s rank

i found this balance of ink, charge up, swim speed and strength really works best for me

Cephalopun

Inkster Jr.
Personally, my set stacks tons of Quick Super Jump and Swim Speed. The idea is that I want to be getting back in and jumping to my beakons quickly, and swimming fast to have as much movement and positioning advantage as possible.

I don't really finding myself wanting other abilities often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom