Optimization

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Just keep on trying every weapon. You might be surprised at what becomes your favorite.
Ooh, I think I just found a potential new favorite! The splash o matic! It fires fast, has a pretty high damage rate, it's everythingredients I liked about the aerospray, but a bit better suited for ranked!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The Splash-o-matic is a strong weapon in ranked, yeah. Fast, extremely accurate, and the suction bombs are great for driving people off and holding ground. The "low" damage 4-hit splat isn't much of a factor, it takes out people very quickly if you get them in your sights because of the unwavering aim. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the splash-o-matic might be the most accurate shooter in the game.

Just mind the range. It's a step behind the Splattershot's, so a little short.

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Hey, to the people who replied to this post: thank you. From what i've seen, you guys tend to get around alot in the forums, and it's really nice of you to just respond to this small post, and give me helpful advice. Thanks alot!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hey, a lot of us like to help out, and to be frank, I like your rampant enthusiasm ;) Keep splatting!

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Thank you! That really means a lot to me. As for the enthusiam, I try my best to stay optimistic and enthusiastic, even if it's hard to do that in this game. Anyways, it's official. I'm level 20!

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Hey, so uh, now that im level 20, what should i do??? should i optimize my gear? select a main? i dunno.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Surely by now you've got an idea of what weapons you like and/or your general playstyle. If not, keep practicing :P You have access to all weapons and gear now.

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Surely by now you've got an idea of what weapons you like and/or your general playstyle. If not, keep practicing :p You have access to all weapons and gear now.
Well, I certainly have a good idea of what I can and can't use. Im a beast with the aersprays, great with the Carbon rollers, great with the Wasabi splattershot, and pretty good with the splash o matic. I would probably go with... either the aerospray, or the Carbon roller, but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose carbon roller. Anyways, I have one more question, and Ithe all goes back to why I started this post in the first place. How do I optimize my gear?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Your weapon of choice is why everyone said to worry about that first, as every weapon's got different needs. Like, splattershot pros benefit massively from ink saver main but regular splattershots don't as much, and no sense using bomb range up gear if you don't have bombs to toss :P

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Yeah, you've got a point there. Well, im currently using the SSJ again, and finding it quite enjoyable. I'll get back to you after I play a few matches.

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Yeah, you have a point. Im currently using the SSJ and liking it alot, sooo... I guess I'm still undecided. I'll play a few more matches, and let you know!

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Optimizing gear is one of the hardest things in the game, since it already comes from personal preference, and the sub abilities are random. I would just experiment to see what abilities you like, most of your weapons are greatly assisted by swim speed, ink resist, and possibly special charge. Many of us can't tell you more, especially now, since this patch has changed a lot, I don't know if you need cold blooded as a carbon anymore.

Basically just experiment, and as you get better you'll develop preferences based upon your own gear, or from what your opponent is using. Like personally I know some e-liters disagree with me now, but after this patch I run only 2 damage up mains. That's what I decided my optimization was after testing it out.

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Optimizing gear is one of the hardest things in the game, since it already comes from personal preference, and the sub abilities are random. I would just experiment to see what abilities you like, most of your weapons are greatly assisted by swim speed, ink resist, and possibly special charge. Many of us can't tell you more, especially now, since this patch has changed a lot, I don't know if you need cold blooded as a carbon anymore.

Basically just experiment, and as you get better you'll develop preferences based upon your own gear, or from what your opponent is using. Like personally I know some e-liters disagree with me now, but after this patch I run only 2 damage up mains. That's what I decided my optimization was after testing it out.
Ah, thank you!

V.G.C

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DiegoJo
Okay, so! After doing a controlled experiment with mmy top 6 weapons, and aligning all the facts, my main is going to be the SSJ! It hadoesn't the most kills, least deaths, most turf inked, and most matches won!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sounds good. Be sure to keep experimenting though, you may surprise yourself as your experience goes up. I never thought I'd wind up maining the squelchers, and yet here we are.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sounds good. Be sure to keep experimenting though, you may surprise yourself as your experience goes up. I never thought I'd wind up maining the squelchers, and yet here we are.
Same here. I hated the squelchers when I first got the game and now the DS and CJS are in my top 3 favorite weapons.

@V.G.C
For the SSJ, with the nerf to its special penalty, I'd definitely invest in some special saver gear. It doesn't really need ink saver, and it already charges special fairly quickly, so I'd focus on special saver, run speed, and swim speed. If you can fit some special duration in there, that'd be helpful too.

Something like:
Two Stripe Mesh :head_cap010: :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: (krak-on for swim speed)
Green Tee (no picture) :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: (forge for special duration)
Punk Yellows (no picture) :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: (rockenberg for run speed)
These use all natural rolls so you don't need to worry about trying to get a shiny.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Ah, thanks alot! I've been using aerospray for a while, but I have been playing with the Carbon Roller for a few matches. Thanks alot!
Wait until you unlock the Aerospray RG; that gun is a great mess. Super easy-into weapon and scores nearly 1000p if you inkstrike each second you can, even if your team loses.

(If you were already talking about the RG, not the MG as i pressumed, then ignore me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom