Ordering from Spyke

D

Deleted Member

What's the point of ordering gear from Spyke? You can't change main abilities, his prices are extremely overpriced, etc.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
You can sometimes partially get what the others had on theirs for sub abilities, which makes it cost more. No idea if it's possible to get all three slots filled out, though. Ideally you'd search for something you actually want, then get it with much less work than leveling up and rerolling your own gear.

Usually it ends up being trashy anyway, so you're just spending 50k+ for the same effect as a 30k reroll.

Mostly I just use it to get the main ability I want that's not currently in the shop, but it seems that always perfectly aligns with the new rotation the next day anyway so I can just get it for cheaper. You can also hunt for brands and such, so it's not completely useless.

Phrave

Inkling
NNID
Phrave
You always get the 1st sub ability but there is a rarer chance that you will get all 3 sub abilities but it will cost 100k. So 100k for an item with 3 sub abilities you really want is super worth it to me.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Ordering gear from Spyke is just an option. More options are always nice and it makes the game feel more lively in my opinion. The good thing is, you don't have to actually buy ordered items or pay in advanve. It would be a ripoff then :)

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
It's there mostly for the lower levels who won't be getting 3 star items in store and for those who don't want to wait for any specific item.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I figured it's mostly for ordering gear that just won't appear in your shop normally. As mentioned previously there's also a chance that the ordered gear will have some of the sub abilities as well.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
It's for if you see a piece of gear you want that's so fresh, you've gotta have it now.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I bought some Pilot Goggles from Spyke when I was around level 13 or so cause I couldn't get it in the shop. Worst investment I made period. The first stat I got on it was bomb throwing distance buff; not bad I like using that with the Splat Chargers special. But ohh I get it not once, not twice, not three, but four times! WHY DO YOU DO THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion; I would only use this if your feeling lucky or want to have a different variant of a piece of gear you already have.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
Uh, unless you have proof that some other item with 3 unlocked abilities costs something other than 100k, it's not wrong.

It's possible that it happens, it's not likely or you'd see it more often, and at least one costs 100k.

That's the claim, and that's the truth. Sample size is irrelevant.

Njok

Bouncer
So i had the red hi tops, and rerolled them like 5 times already with very disappointing results. I figured i just order new ones from spike with the sub slots still open and level them up again. Does anyone know if this might work or will i just get the same subs that i originally got?

I know it will cost me more this way because eventually i'm gonna have to add the 4th slot again and there is no guarantee that i will get what i want, but at least i will have something to play for again in turf war as long as the level cap stays at 20.

Njok

Bouncer
Also, what Unlucky said seems to be true. I bought the crazy arrows with 2 special charge up subs, and 3rd sub slot still open, for 50K.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
You always get the 1st sub ability but there is a rarer chance that you will get all 3 sub abilities but it will cost 100k. So 100k for an item with 3 sub abilities you really want is super worth it to me.
How do you do that? I am level 20 and there is no option for that.

Njok

Bouncer
How do you do that? I am level 20 and there is no option for that.
Basically just order it and hope to get lucky. I think i also read somewhere (probably here but too lazy to read back) that there is a bigger chance if the player that you order if from is at a high level too.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Basically just order it and hope to get lucky. I think i also read somewhere (probably here but too lazy to read back) that there is a bigger chance if the player that you order if from is at a high level too.
oh, thanks.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I used it to get gear that I like to look at that aren't appearing in my shop.

With that said, not many people wear gear that just looks nice and instead wear 3 stars or thinks that have abilities that are usually praised like Cold-blooded, ink resistance, etc.

So it does end up kind of being worthless for me at least.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I ordered fake contacts because I'd been looking for them in a shop for like a week and just wanted to get them already, so ordering's great for that. Then it had all three subs unlocked so double bonus lol (at least since they were good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom