Overwhelming number of Disconecctions today.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I have been D/c'd around 20 times today, literally. Not just in ranked, but in turf wars. My friend also got d/c'd alot too when he was playing. Has anyone else experienced alot of D/C today?

---

Question is, is it possible for this to be done on purpose, or can it only be a problem on your side? I get sad over the occasional D/C from ranked, but it's nintendo servers. Now this happening almost 20 times, frustrates me.

---

I also want this thread to be about general disconnection talk, so anything related to that happening, can be here. I don't know, such as data showing why it's happening or how to better avoid it or something. Or at least just to vent about it here, because it is maddening.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not a lot, but I suffered from a DC yesterday after months of not having any connection issues (aside from the usual lag we all love). Anyways, I don't think that is a case of someone disconnecting you from their side... There's probably a way to do that, though...

MooseSmuggler

Inkling
NNID
MooseSmuggler
Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one. It's been maddening today. I suppose I should be grateful I haven't started playing Ranked yet, because I can't imagine how much this must irritate Ranked players right now.

I've only had the game for a couple of days so I dunno if this is commonplace, nor do I have any idea what could be causing it. Maybe high traffic?

the Gay

Inkling
Never had trouble before, but I experienced disconnections too yesterday; also, Splatoon suddenly wouldn't connect to the internet while the connection itself was working fine. It seemed to be Splatoon specific, but I don't know how that can be; everything else worked fine, browsing internets, Smash Bros, NNID and Mii, etc. etc.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
A few days ago I was getting disconnected from every game. Before this I never had any issue with connection on Splatoon. And even when getting disconnected, my internet seemed to be fine. My rank dropped back down to C+ from all the disconnects. After a few hours of crying into my Marie body pillow, I changed the channel on my router to one with less interference and I haven't dropped a game since.
I'm doubting this would fix the issue for everyone, but if you're consistently dropping games, there has to be at least some issue on your end. Not sure why Splatoon seems to need your connection to be flawless, but if the whole issue was on Nintendo's end, everyone would be going through it.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
yeah I played a few games and had several dcs

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
My thing is that if you DC twice in a row stop playing for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom