• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Panda Gaming is the first eSports Splatoon Squad

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef

Not sure how a lot of people missed this.
They already have a team and have already scrimmaged against SND.

Hope to see them have great success and hope they pave the way for an even bigger competitive community we could have hoped for.
Holy crap, I can't believe I'm saying this about a game that's 3 months old. It's growing so fast.

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
Panda Global was already my favourite eSports team due to their ventures in Smash, this definitely doesn't hurt. Great news, hope to see good results!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Wow this is awesome news :D
One of the staff should do writeup for the front page so more people know. Any word on who's in the squad? Are they members here on the board?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Can't wait to see how they do along the likes of our own Squads on the boards, with Imperious and Squid Squad. Glad to see we're getting some acknowledgment!

DeeWee UNub

Full Squid
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
This is awesome to see. Wish them the best of luck,and I hope other teams will see the potential Splatoon has for competitive play.

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
People didn't know this? I was there for the announcement for their announcement of their Splatoon team. H I P S T E R B O Y S

Shame they got bodied by SND lol

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
wait what. how did I miss that?

Though I might ask if perhaps it's a bit too early? Perhaps they should have waited until we really have data on who is good before they started picking up players.

But this is still good news!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
wait what. how did I miss that?

Though I might ask if perhaps it's a bit too early? Perhaps they should have waited until we really have data on who is good before they started picking up players.

But this is still good news!
Yeah I mean it's not too early to actually start building an e sport infrastructure, but picking teams so early seems a little... presumptuous I mean there's only be one (beta) tournament so far. how are you supposed to prove you da bess from one tourney? lol

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
My guess is that this is just a little side project for them (and they likely aren't paying the players). They aren't taking it super seriously, but they want to scout out the scene and help support it as well. If the scene grows big enough, they will probably pick up a real team

WydrA

Inkling Commander
My guess is that this is just a little side project for them (and they likely aren't paying the players). They aren't taking it super seriously, but they want to scout out the scene and help support it as well. If the scene grows big enough, they will probably pick up a real team
That sounds more reasonable. Glad to see Panda is so adventurous, huge props to them for support the scene while it's so young. Ad props to whoever had the bals to approach them for sponsorship as well (assuming that's how it happened). It's good publicity for the scene :)

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
All this is really promising for Splatoons future. Makes me hopeful it can get really big but I know it'll need a lot more.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
dont get total vision here guys lol, fresh roster sponsor team we got right here. I wish them great luck in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom